the Rift

[OPEN] kings with no castles

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Long Gone, Most Beloved

I liked to consider myself an observer. On that day I was somewhat distracted, but I still cared to get somewhat lost in the sun and the pale blue shadows it cast over fields of permafrost. The one before me, so dark a brown and so boldly accented by gold that he appeared a shadow, stood in stark relief. But he was young, and he was handsome for his age and I ventured to guess that someday he would make someone else very happy.

Some live life beautiful, others are content to simply be in its presence. I was an unwilling member of the former caste, one desperately seeking the contented peace that the latter life could afford me. To be beauty is to be blinded by it and unable to find it anywhere. It was only in aging, in my fading physical charm, that I was able to ever find this pleasant joy.

I suspect your experiences are different. I can't imagine one as you are must be burdened with such mortal and trivial things as beauty. But as it was, I found myself plagued by it.

I let the day soothe me. I found myself thawing, my typically icy exterior too brightened by the day at hand to maintain its frozen coat. When he asked about my time here, I simply nodded to confirm what he already believed. His defense of Helovia's activity was simply something to smile at.

My chuckle was airy, the little nickering exhales barely audible above breaths taken in the cold. "That's what they all say," I remarked with a bemused twitch of my tail, one so slight that it hardly stirred the lengths of blue ribbons. "No need to defend your land. It seems I'll be settling here for some time, epic battles aside; I've not the same will to wander as I once had," I added, my gaze seeking his. That was my assurance, really. I wasn't going anywhere.

Where would I have even gone, with you still so far? And the mare, the one I'd somehow managed to not yet find even in the two battles where she and I had both been, I could sense even then that she was in Helovia. I could feel it, if only for the fact that this was the end of the world and the line.

""
AHVELYN
image credits

Messages In This Thread
kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-11-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-12-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-13-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-13-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-14-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-14-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-15-2015, 08:42 AM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-30-2015, 05:36 AM