the Rift

[OPEN] kings with no castles

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Long Gone, Most Beloved

I followed him because I didn't know where else I would have gone. He was right about me, I did still like wandering. I think it was because I didn't have anywhere I felt I could really stand still. Others in the Aurora Basin were content with looking out over the lake and seeing it as if it was new, bright, and exciting—as if they had never seen anything else like it. But when you get to be the age that I was then, and when you have seen so many things, such small joys become more difficult to take pleasure in.

"I find it less to be a desire and more of a need," I answered, simply at first, keeping my fair distance and flicking my tail imperceptibly as the rest of it trailed in my wake. I looked over him then, youthful in his figure but not seeming to lack some experience based on the muscle he bore. But his skin, was it thick or thin?

I wanted to know what kind of boy he was. I wanted to know if he was like mine, if he was like you, or if he was like so many of the wretched ones I've known. Was there any harm in that curiousity, or was I hurting my chances just be acknowledging the possibility that he might not be one of the good ones?

They are so rare, child, good men. Hard to find and harder to hold on to, they more often die at your feet and haunt your heart than they stand by your side. This is simply the tragedy of their being; it is difficult for kindness to exist in a world demanding cruelty.

"These aging limbs grow tired of standing too long in a cold and dark cave. Try as I might to retire, I often find myself looking for something..." I went on, then, feeling forthcoming in the presence of idle youth. I consoled and assured myself with the thought that he would have displayed lasciviousness already, were it in his bones. I didn't go on completely, having shared my goals with no one on that earth, but rather turned my blue eyes to his and tried to see what I can learn with flattery and open honesty.

"And why do you wander, man?"

""
AHVELYN
image credits

Messages In This Thread
kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-11-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-12-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-13-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-13-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-14-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: kings with no castles - by Ahvelyn - 09-14-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: kings with no castles - by Rikyn - 09-15-2015, 08:42 AM