the Rift

[OPEN] Strange Birds

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Someone reaching for me now
Through the dark, reaching for me now
You need someone to hear you when you sigh...
Someone to love you more than I

A bridge?

Ghost had thought to fly across with her own wings, without giving a thought to those who could not fly and Fantôme was still young enough to be carried, but her gaze followed Ampere’s to the wolf on the ground. She frowned and then shrugged; it was a problem she didn’t think to consider until now. "Impressive" she murmured at the fiery wings and motioned to her wolf to take advantage of them. He wasn’t quite sure at first; wolves weren’t meant to fly after all and least of all with wings made of fire. He gave Ghost a glance that spoke volumes of his displeasure but the banshee simply shrugged. "It’s not right" he complained and Ghost snorted, nodding to the wings with more urgency. "A lot of things aren't right" she replied, her gaze boring into him.

He surrendered in the end and took the fiery voyage.

"I can carry him if I need to, but he won’t be that small forever. That and-" she broke off, lifting her right wing up "you wouldn’t believe how heavy this watch is" she mulled, displeasure clear in her voice.

Her attention was swayed quite easily to a different topic then by the mention of a familiar name. Surprise marked her features as Essetia was named as her superior and a wry laugh breezily left her lips. How intricate and ironic fate was. The mare that had once served her, now stood above her, but Ghost had known Essetia and had known her ability. Her surprise quickly changed to a gentle fond smile; it wasn’t all that disconcerting, Essetia was a good spy. "Essetia… I would have thought her a good choice. I knew her once, she was an excellent spy" the sprite shrugged. She knew nothing of the mare now of course, Ghost hadn’t seen her since the Basin had stolen her from the Hidden Falls and, in the process, lost Midas. She could be anyone now after all of that.

There were familiar and unfamiliar names after that, it seemed Gaucho was still the Sultan though she had never heard of Megaera and Ampere she had already known of briefly from before. They carried titles; much like she, and with each Ghost would try and form an image of them. The two leaders sounded militaristic, fire and spear, whilst the blue mare’s sounded… odd. Mother of Companions?  Had she some strange way with companions? Baffled, her gaze automatically went to Fantôme before it trailed back to Ampere. Did she just like companions that much? Did she run a daycare or something? A legendary one at that. She thought then that maybe it wasn’t quite so literal and probably had a completely different meaning.

"Clever, an island is easier to defend, I suppose one of my jobs is to guard these keys too…" it wasn’t really a question, more of a thought said out loud, as if she was writing a list in her head of things to remember. If an invading force did manage to procure a key then an island could easily become a cage. It made her a little uneasy "is the bridge the only way in and out? If something happens to it, those who can’t fly would be trapped" unless they took a risk and swam of course, a back door always made Ghost feel better. Not that it mattered to her, she had wings she could simply fly away, but it niggled at her a little. "Too bad it doesn’t stop disease" she snorted, that would be something.

She swallowed the urge to wrinkle her nose at the name Falls, her annoyance was not completely resolved and she nodded with constraint, half wishing it was the opposite. The sprite ignored it however and smiled at Ampere "thank you" she curtsied. "I was ignorant of such information once, I never asked the important questions and others were hurt because of it" she thought back to the loss of the Hidden Falls and those members she failed to protect.

"A mistake I won’t make again" she concluded.

Ghost
Image Credits!
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Strange Birds - by Ghost - 09-12-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: Strange Birds - by Ampere - 09-13-2015, 12:51 PM