the Rift

[OPEN] You laugh without seeing

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε

Something was happening within the pale child as they spoke. These questions, existential and philosophical, opened up previously unknown depths within her youthful mind. Where before she had simply accepted the world the way it was, Maren's words made her begin to think, question, ask why in a completely new way. Erthë found herself thoroughly enjoying these difficult subjects, and while she couldn't completely follow everything the learned mare said, she marveled at her own ability to comprehend the bottom meaning.

"So, does that mean that 'good' and 'evil' and 'right' or 'wrong' are concepts made up by us too?"

She spoke eagerly, eyes shining brightly with the newfound desire to understand and know.  

"Because, if the world just is and the gods too just are, won't that make them pretty much the same thing? Maybe gods just are another side of nature, like thunder storms and snowfall and they have to do things, because it's what they're meant to do!"

It would mean that her Moon Goddess was not actually bad - because bad was something made up by people, and didn't actually exist. The Lady would only have acted according to her nature, following a law so complex and diverse that mortals was incapable of fully comprehending it even if they tried.

She felt as though a light had been kindled in her mind, illuminating a landscape previously bathed in darkness. A trembling, weak-kneed step had been taken down a long and winding road, and though she could only glimpse the beginning the filly physically quivered with desire to throw herself headlong down this path. Of learning, of questions, struggles and hardships - but oh, she also had the feeling that something wonderful and terrible awaited her, should she follow it to journey's end.

Breathing deeply, Erthë savored the sensation until it faded away. With a new sense of contentment she followed Maren's gesture towards the black claw, inwardly marveling at how much the token had changed in her own eyes by this simple new train of thought.

"It's one of the Wolf God's teeth. Lady Moon gave it to me."

She studied the fang more closely, how it glowed eerily and had been fitted onto a bronze chain.

"I wasn't sure what to do with it, you know. It's horrible that the Wolf and the Bear was taken apart like that, couldn't they be buried instead? But I don't think I can just throw it away either. I like the Moon, she's strong and pretty and she smiled at me - so I think I will keep it, if only because she gave it to me."

As if to seal some kind of pact the filly raised the tail and untangled the chain so that she could thread her head through the loop. It was much too big for her, she had to double up the chain for the fang to rest somewhat comfortably against her chest - and once it lay firmly against her skin she shuddered.

It really was rather gross, after all.

@Maren

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
You laugh without seeing - by Maren - 09-13-2015, 09:18 AM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Erthë - 09-13-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Maren - 09-13-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Erthë - 09-16-2015, 04:16 AM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Maren - 10-07-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Maren - 10-24-2015, 08:38 AM