the Rift

[OPEN] I lived here once

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik

Torleik snorted at Ulrik referring to Phi as his 'girlfriend' and nodded slowly to the assumption she deserved the shock. "I am inclined to agree, though I think it would offend her if she knew. She is headstrong more than anyone I know." He took a deep breath, smirking some. "Whose ire - hers, or mine? If you can help me control that woman even a fraction when she's gone off to do something foolhardy and stupid, I welcome the aid," the king chuckled. The wounded, infected rabicano looked down as his cousin summoned a mechanical scorpion - he didn't like scorpions much; distrustful little creatures - and flinched as Ulrik stomped on it and subsequently zapped him. "Ow!" he grunted, glaring at his cousin, but only for a short while. Within moments, he felt a change in his skin, the burning, gnawing pain of the boils began to lessen and the magic that infected him began to drip off. 

Fascinating. 

"...thank you..." He explained to the Engineer that he was king of this place now and that Ulrik had a home in the World's Edge if he wished, and somehow was not surprised that the unkempt stallion knew about the change in leadership despite being a strong isolationist by nature. His cousin explained his past history with this place and Torleik was neither surprised, nor offended by Ulrik's honesty about his racism. To find that Mauja had been unable to hold the same was no surprise. The dark stallion didn't think Polkadot had much of a backbone for anything unless he was roused to intense anger. "I see. Well, I am rejection no one's entrance based on appearance now, only character. Our herd is small. We need to grow in numbers and not paint ourselves a target immediately by angering others."

The question as to why he left was one Torleik wasn't sure he could answer adequately. But, for Ulrik's sake, he would try. "Deimos is a stagnant fixture in the north. The Basin was becoming too full of blind fools, drunk off of their own ecstasy over their bloodlines. I could not fight for that anymore. I didn't want to. So when we were called to aid with the invasion some seasons back and I saw the World's Edge would need new leaders...I thought I might find purpose here. I thought...it would help me appease, as ineffectively as it likely will, the Moon Goddess." The king shrugged. "We will see, I suppose." Looking up at his cousin curiously, he regarded him. "Why did you leave, and come here?"

@Ulrik
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
I lived here once - by Ulrik - 09-13-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: I lived here once - by Torleik - 09-14-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: I lived here once - by Ulrik - 09-14-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: I lived here once - by Torleik - 12-06-2015, 12:03 PM