the Rift

[OPEN] Homecoming

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
“I’m so sorry. I just hope I can return here, to my home, and find some sort of life still waiting for me.”
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night

The warrior girl’s silver eyes opened. But before she could advance, a figure appeared in the distance. The figure was still for a moment, then advanced slowly, tentatively, gently. The slopes and curves of antlers crowning the earthen colored mare were all Ki’irha needed to see before she knew who approached. She exhaled, and wavered for a moment. Her friend. Her darling Enna. But the starry mare did not know what to expect. Would she face a wave of anger? Try to convince the girl that she should not feel betrayed? Or would the time mender simply turn and walk away, abandoning her as she had seemingly abandoned her herd? Fear, a foreign feeling, stung her heart. But now was the moment of truth.

She slowly walked forward, cloven onyx hooves dragging her forward. Her pace quickened as the russet girl began towards her, and she began to canter until she came to a rough halt, nearly crashing into the doe. She mirrored her friend, burying her face into pale curls. Her fear, apprehension, and worry melted away as they embraced.  “Enna, my dear friend. How I have missed you.”Joy flooded her heart, and this moment could have lasted forever. She stepped back, looking over the girl. She was the same Enna she had remembered, though perhaps with more weight on than before. Much of the weight was around her stomach. Maybe she was with child? But that did not matter now. She was sure they would catch up, and fill many hours with stories and erase any distance that may have grown between them. The midnight mare smiled, eyes warm. A slight sting of happy tears blurred the corners of her vision, but she blinked them away before they became obvious.

But before Ki’irha could speak, everything changed. The warmness was suddenly shed, and the warrior felt like she was staring a coiling viper in the eyes, waiting for it to strike with a venomous bite. It looked like Enna had been kicked in the chest. Cold and harsh, here came the question she had dreaded. Stepping back, she dropped her head, the pain and guilt squeezing her heart.  “I was nowhere in particular. I had questions that I will never find the answers to. But while I was gone, I found answers to questions I didn’t realize I had.”

That was no answer. That was bullshit. She sighed, digging a split hoof into the ground. A moment passed before she spoke again, knowing her friend deserved a real answer. She deserved the truth. “I went searching for my brothers. I didn’t find them, and I’m sure I never will. They were my family. But my love for them was outweighed by my love for my herd. I didn’t realize what this place meant to me. What you, and those here in the Basin, mean to me. And I don’t expect that to make sense. And I don’t expect forgiveness, or warmness, or understanding. I never should have left. And I promise to never leave again.” Her head dropped. She was not one for weakness, or exposing her soft spots. But she was choking back tears. Her stormy eyes betrayed her, letting a single tear escape. Speech

She fell silent. She had no more words, no further excuses. She was in pain, and the exposure of her emotions made her feel pathetic and vulnerable. Composing herself, she lifted her head again, but it was obvious that she was defeated. Now was the moment of truth. She may be home, but was she even welcome?

Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Homecoming - by Ki'irha - 09-13-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Homecoming - by Enna - 09-13-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: Homecoming - by Ki'irha - 09-14-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Homecoming - by Enna - 09-27-2015, 10:53 PM