the Rift

[OPEN] days that didn't happen [VOL!]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

The girl nibbled her lip thoughtfully as Volterra joined her in the salty surf. Cool purples and blues raced up his forelegs, darkening the closer they were to and in the water, and then gradually fading to a muted yellow near his knees. The inflamed, nearly molten parts of his body immediately seemed stunted or halted. No longer did they pulse, swell, and fracture across his pelt. They seemed to shrivel and inwardly collapse in on themselves.

He was right - the water must have been working.

Still, there was an awful lot of goop in her eyes, and she still saw in thermals...but perhaps it was helping him more than her.

As his questions left his lips, it was her turn to have her blood suddenly run cold. At the first mention of how little he knew about her, she thought immediately that he would ask for her name. It seemed logical - if he wanted to know more about her, why not start at the same waypoint that everyone else did? Though as he referred to her magic, she felt a little more at ease. Was it because he already had a name for her? Kis hollo? Was that satisfactory enough? 

The girl let her apprehension roll off of her slender shoulders as she shrugged - letting her wings flop into the water. As soon as they touched, they began to disappearing into frothy patterns as they blended in with the waves. 

"I would assume so. Though I've never been born any other way - so I can't be sure. Others I have met have magics that are inherent to their being, and they are not the offspring of Godly couplings. So it's possible that it is simply contingent on other factors." Pausing, Iso's black-snotted muzzle dropped slightly so that she could better appreciate the magic that was slowly bleeding her body away into the waves. Whatever caused it, the girl was glad. That she could disappear into the landscape somehow comforted her mind. "But - I can do more with magic than most that I meet. Including those who are far older than I am. So I further assume that it has something to do with my Father and that I have a propensity towards magic."

She hadn't even told Volterra that her magic had grown since their last, last meeting. She had discovered it when she was playing in the hot-tub - the stones that she had gathered had suddenly become hot, as soon as her mind registered that the water had gotten cold. She watched them begin to pulse and glow with an internal firey light, and soon the water was bubbling with heat.

Now, looking at Volterra, sludge pouring from both of their eyes, and discussing the topic of her lineage and the boons that came with it, she felt awkward mentioning it. Isopia had never bragged before, but she knew the word. Would it be bragging? 

Snorting, she shrugged again and waded further into the water until it lapped constantly against her belly. Her tail swished slightly, but the raven hairs were now so waterlogged that it merely slapped heavily on the water. 

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

@Volterra

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-15-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-16-2015, 05:00 PM