the Rift

[OPEN] days that didn't happen [VOL!]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT WILL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M A STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW

His hearing isn't quite acute enough to detect her blood turning to ice in her veins, but even his normal horse senses pick up the way she shrugs and seems to relax after his question leaves his lips. She talks of inherent magic, and magic that isn't God-given. He thinks of his twin, who could manipulate water from birth even though there are no Gods in their pedigree - their parents may act as Gods, but they are mortal flesh like anybody else. He sniffs, dragging in a great gulp of swinging black ooze, and follows her gaze down to where her wings are now blending into the water as well.

She's not lying when she speaks of her affinity for magic. She could summon dragons of stone and water before he had even discovered the power that lurked within his veins, and when she uses her magic it seems so effortless, whereas his magical endeavours still tug at his formidable strength. Less so than when he was younger, weaker and less experienced, but it's still there. "What else can you do?" he questions, with a tilt of his mammoth head. He knows of her structures of water and earth, and he'd witnessed other earthen magics during the God fights that could have belonged to her, but had been too engrossed on surviving to pay a great deal of attention.

He shifts, to make the water caress his stout pillars of legs. His tail rests lazily on the surface, making ripples whenever he moves. She wanders deeper into the ocean and he follows, until his thick chest is half-submerged and the lapping liquid tickles his flanks. "You can ask me anything you want, too," he says, somewhat as an afterthought. He does not really have any secrets, and certainly none that he would loathe sharing. Sure, she may frown upon his tales of his mother, the World-Eating demoness of lore, but generally the only thing Volterra is ashamed of is his lack of interesting facts. He is a mongrel, of powerful blood, yes, but not Godly blood. He was born, he has lived, he has grown. Not a lot else. Certainly no tales of a father-God and a mortal-mother. So he definitely stands to benefit more from this little information-exchanging session, if she consents to share more of herself, that is.

image credits

@Isopia

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-15-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-16-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-19-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-20-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-22-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-29-2015, 02:16 PM