the Rift

[OPEN] days that didn't happen [VOL!]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

What else can you do?

He opened the door, and his permission caused her lips to open, and then close. Why not just show him? A structure suddenly bloomed in the water before him - almost like a rocky podium, as if Volterra was going to give a speech to the ocean life that hovered near them. It grew and mutated with her magic, as she sculpted it, stopping its creation once it was about the height of his chest. This, he already knew she could do. With a sigh of exertion, the earthen girl focused her golden gaze on the structure. Suddenly, it began to give off heat. A subtle warm light pulsed from within, reflecting beautifully in the water. The heat caused the water to bubble and pulse around the base of the structure, radiating gently outwards to warm a larger area.  

"The sun took too long to warm my hottub. That's when I learned that I could do...that. My Mother could create light from within rocks. I suppose its her that I inherited this from." That, my blood stained shoulder, and nothing else. she thought silently. 

The girl sinks with surprising comfort into the silence. Normally silence indicates that she has done something wrong - said something too awkward or uncomfortable unwittingly. However the lap of the waves against their bodies, and the gentle hush of their breathing seems as familiar as the silence that she Isopia normally finds herself in.

Until..

You can ask me anything you want, too

The girl's death marked face turned suddenly towards Volterra, momentarily distracted by the molting colours of his body. Her mind churned and raced, struggling to find something to say. What little she had learned of social niceties indicated that she should respond with some thoughtful question, but none presented themselves. His family? Should she ask about them? Or .. his magic? His ... health? Her eyes dropped to his shoulders, where his heartbeat was causing the blood to pump through his muscles, making small tributaries of warm orange light flicker. She had no interest in his family, or anything else. It was all contingent .. he wasn't responsible for his family, or anything else really. She was mostly just interested in him, the things which were purely Volterra. The cadence of his voice, the way his bulk was carried with such ease, and perhaps most pressingly, the way he made her feel. But all these things she either knew, or were things that weren't to be asked. They were things to be seen and felt. But she had to ask something didn't she? And even she knew better than to say, Why do I feel this way around you? Do you feel it too?

So she said the first thing that came to her mind.

"Where do you live?"

How boring. 

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-15-2015, 09:17 PM