the Rift

[OPEN] days that didn't happen [VOL!]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

She nods as he indicates that her magic will be useful during Frostfall. That was precisely what she was thinking as well, and she appreciated that he was as practical as she. Silently she chided herself for thinking Volterra would make her feel awkward about her magic - he had never been like that, not around her. So why the lingering doubt? As he began speaking, she cleared her thoughts (a task she rarely ever did) and allowed herself to focus entirely on his answer to the question that she wished she could over-write with something more meaningful.

An outcast? It made so much more sense to live in a herd. There were added resources, protections, and benefits. Due to her position with the Falls, she could expend her energy to create even more structures per season. Such a thing would surely appeal to Volterra - and be known to him. So why was he a vagabond? Isopia's muddled golden gaze dipped for a moment, watching the patterns of heat as they migrated across his chest. As her attention swayed, the pillar she had created crumbled into naught, disappearing back into the sea. She was looking for indications that he was lying - for surely lying was not merely a mental process? But nothing in the warm chemistry that this infection had afforded her demonstrated any irregularities. She was no expert of course, but the lack of apparent evidence led her to believe that he was speaking genuinely.

"I was born in the World's Edge. My mother was their ... Queen, I think she was called? Then the Edge invaded the Hidden Falls , due to an apparent unwillingness to remain with the Moon Goddess." Her rust-splattered shoulders shrugged slightly, which caused the magic that was reshaping the swells of her body to stutter for a moment. "I - " A distinct pause. Had she never expressed what she was about to, to anyone before? The words bloomed in her mind, for certainty was something she knew much of. But this side of her - this cold and hard side - caused others to shy away. Normally, their reaction was welcomed. It made it easy to discern who was worth conversing with, and who was merely a shell without a mind. But Volterra... Some part of her retracted at the thought of having him shy away. Never before had the girl thought to lie in this way, to try and please someone else. Usually her lies were merely to keep her life simple - to keep others at a distance. But this was entirely foreign. 

"- she birthed me. I don't know that she loved me though. That is .. I - I don't know what love is I suppose. And even though she aided in giving life to me, I don't feel anything towards her. I don't feel anything towards ... anyone-" Then, as this defensive (and shockingly unconscious) lie caused her cheeks to burn hot with the implications that it meant she felt nothing towards him (which was patently false), she awkwardly coughed, turning her heated cheeks away from him, to gaze out at the sea. " -mostly." She finally forced herself to say. "Not that I feel anything towards my Father - but there were more opportunities in the Falls than there were in the Edge. I serve as a liaison between the herd and my Father. It seems .. fitting. Would you ever want to live (in the Hidden Falls)  in a herd (with me)?"

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-15-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-16-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-19-2015, 12:01 PM