the Rift

[OPEN] days that didn't happen [VOL!]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT WILL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M A STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW

Dangerous. That's one way of putting it. Love turns strong men into simpering idiots. Love makes a horse act in ways he wouldn't normally, influences his mind and owns him. Volterra will freely admit that he'd rip the whole damn world apart for his mother, sister or dragon, so he'll also admit that such a compulsion could work against him in the wrong circumstances. Would he do the same for Isopia? Probably. Almost definitely. Maybe that's not entirely healthy, either.

The filly implies that leading doesn't seem so hard, but Volterra holds himself back from agreeing fully. "I do think there would be some elements of leading that would be difficult. Controlling large numbers of horses, getting them to follow you...to want to follow you, because in times of war they will fight all the harder if they genuinely respect you. But it is something I aspire to, albeit when I am older and stronger - no herd is likely to throw their support behind a boy-king." The giant is greedy, but he also knows patience. Delayed gratification. When he takes a crown, he wants to keep it for a very long time, and not be overthrown by a disgruntled herd who refuse to follow a young unknown stallion.

The earth-girl continues, speaking of herd politics and tasks given out to try and earn leader approval. "Those who complete the tasks are probably doing so to curry favour with the leaders in the hope of earning a higher rank and more status within the herd." That's what happens, isn't it? He imagines so. The 'little people', trying to earn the position of right-hand man. Somehow, it doesn't surprise him that Isopia refuses to conform.

She reveals that she doesn't leave because of the task of spreading her father's word, referring to the Falls as the 'runt-herd'. Her dedication to her position is admirable, and he finds himself nodding his agreement. She follows up her explanation with a question, and Volterra is momentarily silent as he ponders it. "When. I like your optimism." He flashes a small smile, before falling silent as he continues to contemplate. "Truthfully, I haven't thought any further than actually taking and keeping the crown. How I rule will largely depend on the circumstances around it, and if I happen to share the throne with anyone." Like you. The thought fills him suddenly and without his permission, and he snorts goo for a moment. But why not? She would be a fine queen - detatched, able to function without emotion getting in the way. They would make a formidable duo, both physically strong and mentally resilient.

But, he scolds himself, she may not even want to rule. She may not want to rule beside him.

"I aspire to create a strong herd, though, and one spoken about the world over." Invade it and suffer the consequences. "And you? Do you ever hope to take a throne?" He idly swishes the water around his legs as he looks at her.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-15-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-16-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-19-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-20-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-22-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-29-2015, 02:16 PM