[OPEN] second chances, new beginnings [birth]

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I'm gonna carry you in
In my head, in my heart, in my soul

This one gets [name].

Milo. Miiiiiiiiii-lo. My lo. You, mom, mimna, [press your face to mine with a tenderness I recognize as family. Father is somewhere else, rolling upon the earth and dripping pathetically from his eyes. He can barely see beyond his own body, but you, mother. You love me. You always loved me,] you press, you [love. I thought about love as a strong bond, but I didn't yet know what it was. What are bonds, if not shackles? There's a sort of prison in wanting affection, an even deeper one in wanting it unconditionally. What could I expect from this family, really?

In the end, I think we were just struggling to stay alive together.] 

Father makes loud hurt, [groans], strangers leave. [Archibald, left too, and with him a sliver of family it would take a large time to understand. How can you come even close to knowing a Dauntless one like him?]

Just us. Just family.

[Looking back on it now I remember almost nothing but the sound. The waterfalls, distant, and the wind sending echoing rustles through the treetops. It was warm. I was born in Birdsong and I was born alone. There was no one sprung forth from the womb at my side. I will never have one so connected to me like that, I fear. Such loneliness is encompassing. Such loneliness, I did not understand at the time. I only] watch, see strangers leave. Just us. Just family.

Father, [moaning and crying, wracked with illness and bleeding disease. He could not recognize the ones he loved most. Manhattan,] dog, [she put her paw upon him in the soft comfort with which on treats the dying,] Mother, [she loved me and did not see him, which I would learn was because she could not see anything,] and Milo, this one.

Me.

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
second chances, new beginnings [birth] - by Aylin - 09-13-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: second chances, new beginnings [birth] - by Milo - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM