the Rift

[PRIVATE] why even try?

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

The battle ended much like the one before did. Once the wolf was dead the Moon Goddess handed out gifts, little trinkets as some kind of sick reward. I stared at the fang she'd given to me for the longest time before I leaned down and picked it up. I didn't know what I was supposed to do with it or if I even wanted it, but it was rude not to take it, wasn't it?

I sighed as I walked away from the gathering, my disgust, and sadness, and my anger growing with each step I took. I wanted to scream at my mother, at my aunt, at Cera, and at Archibald for what they'd done. How could they not see how pointless it was to attack the Goddess? She was too powerful. We may have killed the bear god and now the wolf god, but there was something innately different about them. Helvoia's gods were sick like these other gods that came through. They weren't weak.

Honestly, I thought that what was left of my family would be killed because of it. Hadn't the Goddess proven how heartless she could be? Why tempt her? It was like playing with fire and then complaining when you got burned. It was stupid. They were stupid and it made me so angry.

That anger I felt toward them was the whole reason I walked away without telling them anything. If I faced them right then I knew there was a chance that I would just yell at them. The best thing for me to do was just keep walking and not stop until I finally made it home.

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
why even try? - by Ranjiri - 09-13-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 09-17-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: why even try? - by Ranjiri - 09-17-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 10-05-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: why even try? - by Ranjiri - 10-05-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 10-10-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: why even try? - by Ranjiri - 10-10-2015, 10:28 PM