the Rift

[PRIVATE] why even try?

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald was a statue before her, dripping with thick, black tar. Even as the day faded toward night Archibald was silent, standing stark still as Ranjiri yelled at him. Emotion was clear in her voice, ranging from sadness to anger to gods know what. Within his dark breast, the same emotions waged war. For a beast so outwardly stoic, Archibald felt quite a lot in the wake of his mother's death. The leech of a black widow that she was was gone, forever, and in her demonic shadow Archibald finally had the ability to feel for himself.

And with those feelings, brought pain that Archibald wished did not cut so deeply.

"I want to know it all. I want to understand how you--so young and so pure--can overcome something so tragic." Golden eyes, outlined in thick, ebony eyeliner, stared down into her pupiless crimson. Where others might find the blood color of her eye, with no pupil to offset or darken, might be afraid, all Archibald could see was the image of her mother. Even as Ranjiri spoke now, she resembled Ktulu--probably more than either of them would like to admit.

At her question, however, Archibald's ears flicked back against his skull. I did it for Circe. For my sons. For my daughter. For Ktulu. For Ophelia. For you." His voice was hard, his face contorting into some dark scowl that seemed so natural on his stoney features. Warmth spread in his gut like wildfire, overtaking his tongue. "I learned that gods can bleed today. No words, no actions can make me feel remorse for what I did. If I can make her feel an ounce of the pain, the suffering, I have then it is worth the cuts and scars and bruises and death.  I fear nothing."

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS               

Call out to nobody, call out to me
Chip on the shoulder, the dime in the teeth

image credits

@Ranjiri

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
why even try? - by Ranjiri - 09-13-2015, 05:20 PM