the Rift

[PRIVATE] why even try?

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

"I want to know it all. I want to understand how you--so young and so pure--can overcome something so tragic."

"I have no choice." My reply came out terse and far more harsh than I had intended it to, but it was the truth. I had no choice but to move on with my life because dwelling in that dark place that I had been in wasn't something that I wanted to continue. It helped that I had a herd that I was part of and the responsibility that Gaucho had given me was another thing that pulled me back from the downward spiral that I'd been in. It had just taken me a little longer that I liked to finally realize that I could keep going, but it was hard"I could either grieve myself to death or I could find something else to live for. I chose to live. I chose not to fight the Goddess, I chose to protect her so I could try to protect what's left of my family. My brother is dead. My dad is dead. All I have left is momma, Cera, Aunt Phi, and you and you're all so willing to throw your lives away over your selfish desire for revenge..." Your revenge won't bring them back. It won't change what happened.

I visibly flinched when Archibald answered the question that I'd asked about why he had decided to fight. For Circe. His sons. His daughter. Momma. Aunt Phi. I really had no reaction to their names as he said them, but when he said me I felt my heart slam against my chest. Me? "I don't want you to fight for me!" I screamed before I could stop myself. I could feel the tears on my face, hot and burning like acid. Why? Why did the tears have to start now when I wanted so very badly to be strong.

"If I can make her feel an ounce of the pain, the suffering, I have then it is worth the cuts and scars and bruises and death.  I fear nothing."

I didn't, I couldn't understand the logic behind what he said. How could he say that he fought for his family then be so ready to die for vengeance? He had children. He had a hell of a lot more to live for than I did. "Its worth death?" I asked. "Your vengeance is worth death? What about your children? They already lost their mother and you're ready to throw your life away just to hurt her? Shouldn't your children be worth living for?" Honestly, if Archibald didn't think so then he had no business being a father, but that was an opinion I was going to keep to myself.

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
why even try? - by Ranjiri - 09-13-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 09-17-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: why even try? - by Ranjiri - 09-17-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 10-05-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: why even try? - by Ranjiri - 10-05-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 10-10-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: why even try? - by Ranjiri - 10-10-2015, 10:28 PM