the Rift

[OPEN] pray the sun will rise

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Stopping for a brief minute to wait for the white mare to catch up a little bit he took the time to paw away the pieces of his forelock that had gotten tangled between his horns and was persistently falling into his eyes. Cringing slightly as the extended movement pulled at his slowly healing burn mottling his otherwise flawless coat he tried to cover it with a soft sigh. From what he could tell about his new acquaintance so far he wasn't completely sure if she was all there so he figured she wouldn't have been paying that close of attention to notice anyway. It was a more of a way to avoid excess questions considering he really didn't care what others thought of him. Thinking back to the black stud he had met briefly a couple days earlier he remembered the sympathy he had portrayed when he had noticed his injuries. What was it with people in this place caring so much about someone they did not even know? Back home no one cared about anyone but themselves but that was just the way they found to survive, was there really another option? 

Casting a glance behind him we was a little surprised to see Eden actually on her feet and following him, albeit at a snail's pace. Perhaps the girl wasn't that sick after all he mused pausing to watch her for a second. In this second another sneeze brought a whole bunch of new black goo splattering over the ground, ok scratch that last thought she was still pretty sick. If it was draining from the eyes, nose and mouth that would mean whatever it was had to be affecting the sinuses and upper airway, what caused that though? Colds would not present like this, he had had many before and never had black goo draining from his body so that was off the list. "If you're going to stay around here then I know the perfect place for you," Why did he get the feeling that this was not going to go well?

Flicking an ear back to catch Eden's latest lyrics he turned his head to look at her. Whoa hold on a minute. Who said anything about staying?  Staying as emotionless as possible as she continued to speak of her home he tried to picture himself in a herd. No one would accept him, no that wouldn't work out he thought dismissing the idea of ever fitting into this shaped society. He was going home eventually he just hadn't exactly figured out how to do that yet. His gut told him that it was impossible but until he was faced with the facts he would not believe it. "I haven't really given much thought to where I go from here." he admitted with a shrug. "I can also take care of myself, I don't need anyone to keep me safe." His entire life had been spent with nobody to rely on but himself just because he was in a new land didn't mean that would suddenly change. Nobody could ever be trusted not to turn around and stab you in the back for the right price or with the right incentive. He had watched it happen to many over the years and never wanted to take that chance. He had built a wall around himself for a reason and that was not likely going to change anytime soon. No one had ever cared about what happened to him before so why should they start now? Bitterness began to rise in his gut the more he thought about it, no it just wasn't possible. 

That answer was likely not one the mare wanted to hear but what more could he say, its not like he could explain it. Thinking for a moment he spoke again this time trying to sound a little more open to the idea. "I will ..think about it. Thank you for the offer." It was probably best to try and save his sanity instead of waste it arguing to prove a point. After what seemed like an eternity the salty breeze assaulted his senses as the vast expanse of water grew before them the closer they got. While they were here he might as well take the chance to soak his own burns to try and take the pain away for awhile. "Go get washed up and see if that helps at all." He commented with a sideways glance to Eden to make sure she actually registered what he had said. With a half smile he proceeded to walk down the beach and make his way out into the cold water. Biting his tongue to keep from commenting at the excruciating pain tearing into his shoulders and back as the salt washed over them he continued to walk deeper until all injured areas were soaking. God how he hated that stupid bear.

•• TAGS: @Eden  •• NOTES: No worries :) ••

“Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie.”
Table by Moonstone Designs

Messages In This Thread
pray the sun will rise - by Eden - 09-13-2015, 08:37 PM
RE: pray the sun will rise - by Kalona - 09-13-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: pray the sun will rise - by Eden - 09-13-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: pray the sun will rise - by Kalona - 09-13-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: pray the sun will rise - by Random Event - 09-14-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: pray the sun will rise - by Eden - 09-15-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: pray the sun will rise - by Kalona - 09-15-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: pray the sun will rise - by Eden - 09-16-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: pray the sun will rise - by Kalona - 09-17-2015, 12:33 AM