the Rift

white snow as red as strawberries [open]

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie

Nothing. That was what I had left anymore. No longer did I have a family. No longer did I have a herd. No longer did I have happiness. No longer…no longer did I have a purpose in this life. What was I supposed to do with myself? Was I supposed to just wander the expanse of the world until the day I died? Or was there some higher purpose to all of the bad that happened to me? If it was the latter, the great mother better hurry it up.

Tears stained my cheeks as I continued my long trek. For weeks now I had been traveling west like mother had told me to. Where it was she wanted me to find, I had no idea but hopefully it would be nice. Not that it would matter all that much just how nice it was. Nothing would be the same without mother and father and brother. Even just thinking about them made my heart ache so much that I would cry even more.

Night began to fall as I entered into a wooded area that was quietly inviting. It was almost as if the woods was silently whispering for me to come take shelter within it. Maybe it was my affinity for forests. Maybe it was something else entirely. Maybe this was the place mother wanted me to find. Whatever it was that made me want to tread the forest floor at night, it was directing me straight into the heart of the forest.

The moon climbed higher in the sky as the hours passed and as it got later, the wearier I grew. Eventually I found myself stopped in a small clearing, staring at the full moon in the sky with heavy eyelids. I shook myself to try to wake myself a bit, but it really didn’t work. It wouldn’t work. Soon I would have to find a safe place to sleep so I began looking.

It wasn’t long until my pale eyes beheld some sort of large leaved bush that was perfect for me. Before another hour could pass I made myself a bed beneath a leaf and laid down to rest. Quickly, slumber took hold of me and entrapped me within its grasp and images of my family and what happened to them flooded the backs of my eyelids. There was nothing but restless sleep since I found my herd murdered. Every time I would try to sleep I would be thrust back into the memories of my past – a past I’d rather forget. I knew with every kick or scream I had a greater chance of being found by somebody, and to be honest I didn’t really care anymore. If I was to die then I could join my family and be rid of this hell. For being awake and remembering everything was hard enough, but to be plagued by footage of the events in your sleep was even worse.

There was no escaping such things. Not now. Not ever.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
white snow as red as strawberries [open] - by Galiel - 09-21-2015, 04:42 PM