the Rift

a .n e w c o m e r. calls [Amadeus/Paladin/herd]

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

White was everywhere, except for where it was not. Covering the ground was where it was, glimmering new-fallen snow. It was early in Frostfall yet, but already the branches of the trees were weighted with the icy fluff, as were the peaks of the mountains nearby. Along the mountains' base trees dotted the landscape; at the very top of the mountain, blue-grey rock stood starkly against the light blue sky. The simple beauty was of a certain elegance lacking in the other seasons. So few hues - the whites, greys, blues - made for an unchanging, yet never boring palette. The shades were constantly changing with each new draft of wind, each new ray of sun. Brilliance incarnate.

It was through this wonderland that Kanti now jogged with her companion. Perhaps she could learn to like winter, if there were sights like this in it. A gust of cold air wrapped around her, banner fluttering wildly. Well, maybe not. She glanced to her side, where the chocolate stallion from the Threshold had settled, and a smile worked its way onto her maw. The sun, though not warming in the least, illuminated the dappling in his pelt, and the both of them shining in the light was quite the sight, if she did say so herself. Her own bi-colored pelt reflected not only the sun's gaze, but also the snow, leaving her practically glowing.

As they continued on, plowing through knee-high drifts, her cheerful voice was heard. "So," she began, "if you're new, then you probably have plenty of questions about Helovia. Why, when I first arrived, I was shocked that there was such thing as a winged or horned horse! And then they told me about magic - well, there's just so much more here than there was back home!" Her auds flicked around, listening to their hoofbeats crunch through the unbroken snow. She would call for Paladin soon enough - he would, after all, have to approve of the newcomer. Kanti hoped that he would - she liked the stallion already.

Messages In This Thread
a .n e w c o m e r. calls [Amadeus/Paladin/herd] - by Kanti - 10-03-2012, 10:35 PM
RE: a .n e w c o m e r. calls [Amadeus/Paladin/herd] - by Amadeus - 10-03-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: a .n e w c o m e r. calls [Amadeus/Paladin/herd] - by Amadeus - 10-11-2012, 01:45 AM