the Rift

[OPEN] Correspondence #5

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Dear beautiful,

It's been some time since I last wrote. But I have something like trust in you, something I don't always expect your siblings to have. Perhaps it is that I suspect you are a young woman of poise.

Still, I hope you can forgive me. I assure you our next correspondence will not feel worlds away. Well, maybe not for me. I'm still uncertain as to what any of this feels like to you. You can tell me, someday, if we even have words then. I hope that we won't need them, though.

By the time I returned home from the last conflagration that had been the battle with the Wolf God, it was pitch black.

Surely your elder sibling has told you of that battle? I won't repeat it again in detail. I am very tired.

Overhead, the aurora was just beginning to peer, breaking through the midnight ceiling in bright and distracting streaks. I don't think I could help but smile at the sight of them: they were unlike anything I'd ever before seen, in all my long and aching years. It was as if a child were playing with the heavens, and I thought of you and your brother and... the third.

I pulled myself past the sentinels, wordlessly scoffing at the foolishness of their picture, and headed towards the northernmost part of the territory. There, I knew there were empty caverns, and I believe I had some vague hope that I'd make one of them my home. Though still I had remained uninjured, I was old even then and needed more rest than most, even if I wouldn't admit it.

The unfrozen lake was a mirror in which I cast the shadow of my reflection, the permafrost was a vast ballroom over which I could dance. And still I only wandered, slow, deliberate, but doing what I always did. It was easier that way.

""
Those Days Are Gone
image credits

[[For Johnny! (But others are welcome, too)]]

Messages In This Thread
Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 09-14-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 11-22-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 12-05-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 12-13-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 12-18-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 12-24-2015, 09:03 PM