the Rift

[OPEN] Correspondence #5

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Johnny's ensuing enthusiasm was neither surprising or unfortunate. I found myself smiling (just barely) at the site of his joy overflowing, and when he exclaimed his delight and offered that I accompany him at the next moment of his crafting, I found myself nodding as if there were simply no other response. "Of course," I said in a voice still quiet and my own but somehow tinged with Johnny's sugar, "that would be wonderful."

You see, there was simply nothing to do around Johnny other than smile. Once you'd taught him his lesson about how to address an old woman he was simply fine, and at that time "fine" in my life was rare and often quite a wonderful thing. So if Johnny thought I and my decision were wonderful, let him shout it from the mountaintops and I wouldn't complain. Worse things had been said about me in my life, and I doubted Johnny would contribute to them now after seeing him so sickly sweet.

When he offered to accompany back, however, I found that I had to make my leave. I was not infirm and still quite capable of finding my way back. Or, at least I would have been if I had somewhere to go back to. It wasn't that I was embarrassed about not yet having found a home despite having lived there for some time, but, well, it wasn't really his business where I did or didn't live, was it? Partners in building and creating we might have just become, but I was a mare who demanded my privacy. I needed space as much as any other--well, aside from Johnny.

"While I appreciate the offer," I answered through my teeth, the reply tense and strained, "I must decline. I'd rather travel that distance on my own. But it was good to meet you, Johnny, and I'm sure I'll see you again soon," I went on, my tone forced into relaxation as I went. Slowly I traveled from his side, nodding my head and letting my long tail drag in the frost behind me. Eventually the distance between us would part; eventually, I would look back and see nothing but fog in the distance.

""
Those Days Are Gone
image credits

@Johnny all done! :) Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 09-14-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 11-22-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 12-05-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 12-13-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 12-18-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 12-24-2015, 09:03 PM