the Rift

Lost and Found

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
She was there. Gleaming and golden and thankfully, beautifully there. Alive. He reached out his broad muzzle to meet her outstretched dainty one. Plush velveteen maws pushing against each other momentarily before he slid his past hers, running it along the side of her face, down her neck, across her chest, shoulders, back, barrel, flank, haunches. Checking for blood, for injuries, for burns. Reassuring himself with touch and scent that she was there, that she was real.

Satisfied that she was whole, there, and uninjured, he took a half step away from her (though still close enough to touch her, for he wasn’t willing to be far from her) and listened to her speak. As she started to curse herself, a low bark of laughter escapes him, “My woman has a foul mouth on her, eh?” He takes the half step back to her, wanting to feel her warm, living flesh beneath his muzzle. Burying his lips in her mane, he speaks against her skin, “Love, look at me, I am fine. The goddess healed us after the battle— I’ve been worse off than this small bite. It’s half healed already,” his words mean to reassure her, even if they are an exaggeration.

But the relief of finding her unscathed fades as the reality of the battle resurfaces. Moving his mouth over the top of her neck, he hooks his jowls on her crest and roughly pulls her towards him, finally allowing his eyes to close has he holds her. Against his lids he sees scorched earth, still bodies—bodies too hot to sustain life, too burnt to be flesh.

A hiss of breath escapes him, memories hotly and rapidly pushing words out, “No, we shouldn’t have been there, Rex. You shouldn’t have been there. What were you thinking, stabbing a god?!” His booming voice is thick with both anger and fear.

He pauses, opening his agonized blue eyes, trying to stem the flood of images as he breathes in her coat, her scent. Usually it is calming, but now it only reminds him of what could have happened, what he could have lost… again. “Rexanna I-“ turmoil breaks off his words. He tries again, “I have already found the burnt body of one woman I loved… Do not make me do it again,” his words are quiet now, rumbling with emotion that he valiantly tries to keep beneath his thick hide—though he is failing miserably.
Image Credits

@Rexanna I was going to split this into 2 posts because of so many feels... but then it kept going and I couldn't stop it XD

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-15-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-15-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-17-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-17-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-21-2015, 12:54 AM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-21-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-22-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-23-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-26-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-27-2015, 12:59 AM