the Rift

Lost and Found

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
one day we’ll reveal the truth,
that one will die before he gets there.
Feeling a shift in the air, I knew the things I had said began to trouble him. I tried to be patient with myself, but I quickly grew angry with my outbursts. This isn’t how I imagined it to go. I surely didn’t imagine me telling him about my past in such a rush – especially with him burned the way he was. Ears flickered with my frustrations, but perked to him when he spoke. “No. I want you to keep it.” Relief swallowed me and I shook my head a little, feeling the little pieces of golden chain dangle across my face. Now that was fit for a Queen.

Blue eyes danced with a slight twinkle of happiness as I gazed at him. However, it was quickly shifted with a slight amount of concern. His voice grew firm, nearly reprimanding me. Ears flickered back and forth with a hint of uncertainty with each word he said, as I waited with baited breath; knowing full well that the things he said weren’t meant to anger me, but to instead show me how much he did love me with the underlying tones and hints. As he spoke of his losses, he brought me into it. Showing me that I was definitely something to him. And that was really all I needed.

The compliments didn’t end there, however. Explaining to me that I wasn’t the people I regretted the most since I did it with concern for my wellbeing. I only nodded, staying silent the entire time. Enjoying the moment, regardless if his voice was fierce with a hint of anger and angst beneath him. Despite the words he said, I wondered what he had been thinking behind it all. Regardless, he approached me again, pressing into me so gently. His tough and rough skin against my porcelain smooth coat. Tan and Champagne mixing well within the light of the Labyrinth. I nodded to him, pressing my face against his as he wished. Feeling his massive head rub against my neck and it instantly pushed all my thoughts away.

I needed him.

And I knew then that he needed me.

I appreciated the movement, feeling his breath against my neck and side, speaking to me as his princess and I just nuzzled him back. A small smile on my face knowing he was alive and well and happy. I breathed in his own scent, smelling a mix of salt and mystifying curiosities that I was sure had to be from the Edge. I appreciated every moment and scent of him. I just loved him.

I just didn’t want to say it. Not yet.

Instead, I pressed into him again before pulling away gently. “Thank you, my elephant.” I smiled to him, a small humorous twinkle in my eye. “It means the world to me.” Pausing slightly, I reached around, feeling a small item intertwined in my mane that I had found while exploring that I knew was absolutely perfect for him. “Now, I say my elephant because I, too, have a gift for you.” I said calmly, though the humor dancing with my voice in the means of how we both ended up with a gift that fit each other.

Reaching for the item, I nipped at it, pulling it out of my mane ever so gently. I carried it in my lips gently as to not cut myself with it, before pulling my gold adorned head back to face him. Smiling, while also carrying a small trinket for him. A single lion’s claw. Something that would grace him in both power, loyalty, and kindness. Something I knew instantly was him.  Aqua eyes watching him with pure and innocent happiness.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Tembovu
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-15-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-15-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-17-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-17-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-21-2015, 12:54 AM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-21-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-22-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-23-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Lost and Found - by Tembovu - 09-26-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Lost and Found - by Rexanna - 09-27-2015, 12:59 AM