the Rift

I'll wait for you [Cirrus, Azzuen]

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit

The steed allowed the water to soothe him, though it obviously would not be enough to cure him of all the ailments that plagued him currently. He shut his eyes a moment, thinking of the cool liquid that now resided within his stomach, feeling its cool touch particularly against the heated temperature of his exercised body. It was as if by focussing upon it, he was better able to track and recognise as the rest of him felt its effects. It was a form of meditating, of restoring the balance that had been thrown out of the metaphoric window when the warrior had chosen to use his skills on the battlefield to defend a cause that he believed in.

But, in the heat of battle, what had it been that had driven him on? Bloodlust? The sheer will to survive? No, he remembered. It was images of his loved ones, his mate, his daughter - and the thoughts of his then-unborn daughter. He sighed, allowing the thoughts of his loved ones to further soothe his tortured mind. But he couldn't relax, there were still things to be done, prisoners to take care of. Lifting his crown, his eyes looked south, and it was as if he was peering directly to the heart of his homeland. He heard Cassiopeia's query on the mortality rate of their soldiers, and a frown marred his hide. He had seen many fight, and many fall - he vaguely recalled not seeing Jaydan, the odd hybrid gelding, rise again. He hoped the soldier was all right.

"It was a hard battle. Many fell to unconsciousness, I hope that all will rise." He did feel guilty that he had not lingered long enough to check. But the worries of his close family had overpowered his duties as a general. He would fly back there to find out just after he sorted out his business at home. Cirrus brought him out of his thoughts with a gentle nudge against his thick nape. A sad smile curved his lips as he returned the touch with his velvet maw. "Stay with your mother." He murmured to the yearling filly. Though his voice was quiet, it held an authority only a father could possess, a seriousness that he knew the belle would not disobey. The little roan child nodded her head, knowing to listen to her father, at least this one time.

"Cass, I must fly home, my leg will not hold me up for the walk. There are matters that need tending to, both within our borders and back at the Edge. I must visit both again before I can rest." He reached out to his mate, and lovingly lipped at her forelock, whilst blowing warm air upon his newest daughter's poll. To Cirrus, he gave a firm nod, communicating more in that single gesture than all the words in the world could have. I love you all, protect your mother and sister. With much effort, he extracted himself from the supports of his companions, and forced himself into a trot. If not for the great wingspan that stretched from his shoulders, he probably wouldn't have found himself in the air again so soon. As it were, his wings clawed at the skies, and though he grunted with the effort, he made it upwards, higher and higher. Cirrus watched him, longingly, before subconsciously huddling alongside her mother and sister, preparing to make the journey back to their homeland.

[Azz out <3 ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll wait for you [Cirrus, Azzuen] - by Ázzuen - 11-07-2012, 07:09 AM