[OPEN] How To Save A Life

Whisper Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I want to swim away but don't know how
Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
Let the waves up and take me down
Let the hurricane set in motion

Whisper had laid beside her sleeping babe, to bond and to keep her warm as the night ebbed into a bit of a chill. Her bones ached, from her extreme ordeal earlier but in a way, it felt as if it had been a year ago. She was famished and down right on the verge of losing her mind but she couldn't help but watch the two talk above her. Her heart pulled into her chest as she watched Tembovu's face draw back into thoughts. His tense jaw and glazed pools let her know that her words had an impact on him and that somehow, at some point in time - something devastating had happened to him the same as she. A heart note was triggered and her blood seemed to warm with anger and with sadness all in one. To whom had hurt this gigantic stud that had saved her from the threshold? She couldn't imagine the pain he was pushing back - maybe when they were alone she would get more of his story. But as she thought that, a small slip of carefully articulated words poured soulfully from his parted ashen lips and Whispers heart sank in her chest, as if someone was trying to rip it out all over again.

He has stumbled over the words, saying them between pauses I know the loss of a foal... . Whisper turned her dial to look away as she felt the heat of the tears rip into her throat and then, with his next uttering - pour over her eyes I know how- how devastating that is.... She choked back the sob that was threatening to escape her maw as it trembled. She busied herself licking Astra softly as she chew over the words. What do I say to that.. how can I even... she thought to herself. This giant warrior of an elephant knew a hurt that one never got over. He was missing part of his soul and nothing she could say or do could ever stop that pain or change that. His eyes had lit up to Astra because he remembered... How painful this entire ordeal must be to him now - to see this life where he has not one. She whispered softly as she looked up at him, her eyes wet from crying silently " Temb..." she trailed off as she looked past him into the night, watching the shadows shift - heart heart jumping in her chest. "Tembovu, I... " she shook her dial and focused on him as another tear crept from her eye "I am so sorry... I cant imagine the memories..." she didn't want to say that Astra bring.. She couldn't utter another word because her attention shifted to the smaller white mare, who was almost vibrating now with emotion.

A silver tear rolled from Brisa's eye and Whisper softly stood this time, feeling like something was about to happen and unsure at what. Flicking her ear towards Tembovu she turned her dial in concern towards him and stepped towards Brisa whose face seemed to contort in discomfort. She knew this look. Whispers heart, although tired and stressed picked up once again in her chest, warmth surging in her veins. Oh no... Brisa... she thought to herself. This was the hole of loss. This black hole that was pain and anguish, the same kind that Tembovu pushed back, was swallowing Brisa and Whisper was watching her new friend getting sucked into the stabbing and somehow mind numbing pain all over again. So they were put here by fate - these souls that were so giving and so beautiful were tragic and they all shared a common ground. Excruciating loss. Whisper stepped closer and watched another tear roll down the ess's face as she spoke, distantly and soft as do I . Whispers heart sank again. Tembovu and Brisa both - they had both endured a past of turmoil and loss like none should ever go through. "Brisa..." Whisper uttered softly "Oh... Brisa". She didn't know what else to say. What could you say to a mare that was trembling with fear, pain and overwhelmed with grief. It was apparent she hadn't told many, if any at all and it was fresh and difficult to utter.  Somehow the next words the white mare spoke - Whisper wasn't quite sure she believed them. Did she utter them because she had been told them once? Or was it something she tried to believe just to live on - to go day by day and endure.

No. It doesn't get easier. Whispers gut twisted in anxiety as she watched both the figures before her, fade into the shadows as she sank back towards Astra. She looked down and suddenly Astra wasn't there anymore. She was gone, rotting. She was her small, lifeless brother who had been tossed out on the ground to rot and wither away. Breathing got harder and she blinked over and over but the voice of Crow rang out in her mind You cant fly from me, whore. I'll always know your scent - I can find you and when I do... . Whisper shivered all over, feeling her body grow cold again. "no." she said to herself. "No." she shook her dial again and tried to focus on her feet but the ground seemed closer than she remembered. Catching herself before she fell to her knees, she inhaled deeply and stood still. Breathe Idiot. He isn't here. This isn't real . She shook as she looked around her taking mental notes. Large stallion. Tembovu. Good. White mare. Small. Shaking. Anxiety? Nerves. Scared. Panic attack. Herbs. Medicine. "Brisa.... You need something to help your nerves..." she said softly trying to gather herself to find an herb. She plodded off near the pond to not only find an herb, but to take a drink. What the fuck was happening to her mind?

Astra

Astra speaks

OCC:
Tags: @Tembovu @Brisa

Messages In This Thread
How To Save A Life - by Whisper - 09-15-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: How To Save A Life - by Brisa - 09-15-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: How To Save A Life - by Whisper - 09-16-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: How To Save A Life - by Brisa - 09-16-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: How To Save A Life - by Whisper - 09-16-2015, 01:33 AM
RE: How To Save A Life - by Whisper - 09-16-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: How To Save A Life - by Tembovu - 09-16-2015, 12:18 PM