the Rift

[OPEN] this is only the beginning

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

As expected, it didn’t take long for someone to notice the commotion.  Unfortunately, it wasn’t Alysanne.  Iona dipped her head in greeting to the spotted unicorn stallion, who evidently belonged here, but had little time for much else in the way of greeting.  Only moments later the face she had been waiting so long to see emerged from the trees and the thinning mist.

Sorry, she managed to mouth to Mauja as the pieces of the family reunion came together around him.  Of course, Iona had no idea who he was or maybe she’d have tried a little harder to force the words out before getting overwhelmed in the reunion.  But once her eyes fell upon the identical green gaze of her sister the world around her faded into a haze and, for that moment anyway, nothing else mattered.  All that mattered was Alysanne.  Her other half.

Iona pulled her sister close – re-memorizing her scent and her touch, breathing in her skin.  The darker sister couldn’t even make sounds, but the tension visibly eased from every line of her body. “Aly,” she breathed into her sister’s neck – the relief palpable in her voice.  The pieces of Iona’s heavy heart felt lighter than they had in ages.  She takes a moment to rest in her sister’s embrace, soaking in Aly’s warmth.  “I’m here Aly.” Her eyes slid shut for one heartbeat.  Then another. 

When they flickered open again she felt more grounded than she had in years. “Naerys found me.  She’s the one that brought me here.” Her gaze switched over to the girl and her little bird and a smile lit on the pegasi’s lips.  “Isn’t that right, Naerys.  You’re an adventurer like your Aunt,” Iona finished, with a conspiratorial wink towards the girl.

She then followed Aly’s gaze back to the unicorn who had, unknowingly, stumbled upon their reunion. Iona offered him a sheepish smile, though her ears flicked back to Aly, momentarily, at her last statement.

Queen?  Well now.  They certainly did do things differently here.  Iona had to stop herself from investigating what such a title could possibly mean in…less than polite fashion.  If he was, in fact, royalty she couldn’t imagine that it was proper to check out his junk so publicly.  She’d have to reevaluate said investigation at a later date.

Regardless of what the spotted unicorn was or wasn’t packing, the title caught Iona off guard. “Uh,” she murmured in a distinctly un-ladylike fashion before composing herself. “It’s good to meet you, Queen Mauja,” she added, though there was still the unspoken question lingering in her tone.  She dipped her head, politely, before continuing. “Nice place,” she managed, more comfortably this time.  She almost added a quip about the crumbling state of that health hazard of a wall not so far from where they stood, but she decided she didn’t want to risk insulting him and his home all in the same breath.  Hi nice place! Your wall’s fucked up and a complete hazard to the adorable baby niece I didn’t know I had! 

Yeah.  That could wait.   

I O N A

image credits

Yes please rank change! Iona wants to be a spy!
@Mauja @Alysanne @Naerys

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
this is only the beginning - by Naerys - 09-15-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: this is only the beginning - by Iona - 09-16-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: this is only the beginning - by Mauja - 09-20-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: this is only the beginning - by Alysanne - 09-20-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: this is only the beginning - by Naerys - 09-24-2015, 02:18 AM
RE: this is only the beginning - by Iona - 09-28-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: this is only the beginning - by Mauja - 10-16-2015, 03:45 PM