the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sugar plum Fairy

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
hope it was okay to do a 'time jump' of sorts for him to teach her without me having to write it all! ^^ @Erthë

She makes a valid point, and I hum my pleasure at her quick mind. "True," I chime. Perhaps it is simple instinct that makes me think it is wrong to learn from another species - learning from another horse, yes, such as one's mother, but to steal knowledge of a whole different creature? It just doesn't seem...right. But, I reason, after everything the humans took from me, it is only fair I took something from them in return. No doubt they would fall to their queer, knobbly knees in shock if they could see me now, wild and defiant in the face of their tampering with nature.

When she says she wants to be like me when she is bigger, I feel pride swell up inside me. Not like her father, who seems the sort to prefer warrior-hood to healing - but me, her strange, herb-loving godfather. I'm almost glowing. "Magic is overrated," I smile. I've survived this long without it and I'm not likely to change that anytime soon. Unless there's some magical way to restore my human-removed bits (and even then, I'm not sure I'd want to be cursed with a stallion's rampant lusts) I'm not too interested in Helovian's magical gifts. At least, I'm not obsessed like I'm sure some are, dedicating my life to getting powers above and beyond what nature intended.

The filly finds some peppermint, and asks me about it. I beam at her choice. "That is known as peppermint. It's not a lot of good for healing flesh wounds, so it wouldn't be worth taking it into battle. However, it's good at combating illnesses, from coughs to stomach cramps. I thought it might help cure this disease we have, but unfortunately not." I sigh, snorting black ooze.

I then proceed to take Erthë through as many herbs as I can off the top of my head, listing their names and qualities, as well as describing them if I don't have a physical representative to show her. Once I've talked through as much as I can, I stop to look at her. "There's a lot more that I don't know, and I'm sure there's some that you will learn about that I don't, too!" That's the joy of learning on the job.

b a d g e r

Messages In This Thread
Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-16-2015, 05:12 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 09-16-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-17-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 09-18-2015, 05:40 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-27-2015, 07:06 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 10-03-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 10-03-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 10-10-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 10-12-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 10-18-2015, 03:13 PM