the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sugar plum Fairy

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

She nods, but the sideways glance at her friend is not entirely convinced. It was true that magic was flawed and that it couldn't save everyone and cure everything, but it was capable of such marvelous things! Her young heart was aching with longing for similar gifts, to be special and powerful and interesting like everyone else. Magic was good, and herbs were good, and she found them equally interesting - it was just that right now, her only option would be one, not the other.

Despite that, Erthë listened intently to Badger's instructions and explanations, determined to learn as much as she could. Hardly likely to remember everything as her memory was far from flawless, she nevertheless found her head crammed full with new, intriguing possibilities by the end of the lesson. By that time there was a deepened sense of respect for her favorite uncle as she smiled back at him. Badger knew so much! How he could remember everything and keep all those names and uses and do's and don't's in mind was more than she could fathom.

"You know more than me" she replied, overwhelmed and with a slight headache as she looked up from the ground. "If I find something out tho, I'll tell you about it!"

Time had slipped away from them as they talked and discussed, the sun had sunk low on the horizon and bathed them both in its golden light. On the horizon a dark shape grew steadily larger, turning from an oversized bird into the silhouette of her mother.

"Looks like it's time to go" the filly sighed. "Thank you for teaching me, uncle Badger! "

She gave him a final hug, and with a soft "Bye bye!" Erthë set out over the meadow towards her mother, just as the mare landed in the tall grasses.

It had been a good day, and though she was parting from a friend she didn't feel sad; they would meet again, after all.

e r t h ë
in every lost soul the bones of a miracle
Image Credit

Erthë out! <3

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-16-2015, 05:12 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 09-16-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-17-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 09-18-2015, 05:40 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-27-2015, 07:06 AM