the Rift

Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun

Rowtag Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Eyes focused solely on the ground where his hooves would surely fall next, the painted stallion did not notice the silhouetted filly swoop down upon the clearing. It was not until the branches gave way beneath her weight, snapping and catching her wings did his head shoot up, wind tossed mane flying from his eyes, he was able to catch a glimpse of what were rather obviously wings and nothing else. Rowtag did not wait around in plain sight to find out what kind of bird would be big enough to break trees— he ducked into the shade of an old oak, forever the coward— birds fat enough to destroy branches would surely not be satisfied with eating just worms…

Eventually the cowering thief finds within himself enough courage to poke his head out from around his oak, fiery eyes ablaze with delighted surprise when he discovers that his big fat bird is no bird— nor is it fat or rather big at all! He brushes aside his moment of panic and practically dances towards the filly. “You’re not a bird!” He exclaims, approaching her, nose outstretched as he examines her wings. What a curious little creature! He does nothing to return her greeting and almost misses catching her name, instead he offers inquisitive babbling, “How do you have wings? Did your mother love an avian?” He circles her, both bewildered and astonished. She had the build of an equine and almost the same pallet of colouration he did (almost), as far as he could tell she was an ordinary horse—  you know, besides the wings. “Did you hatch from an egg?”

As satisfied as he could hope to be, he quickly calms himself, collects his cool and composes himself, stopping to stand in front of the young girl. “Rowtag,” He proclaimed proudly, “I am Rowtag.” He looks upward to where the Naerys had made her entrance into his life, before once more surveying the clearing. The forest and sky had remained the same, yet in under the span of mere minutes his world had changed drastically. Horses could fly— and even though the envy for not having a pair of plumed limbs himself had not yet set in, he was overly excited about having discovered something that no one from his old herd would ever fathom in their lifetime!  With that he added, “I’m not from these parts.” And then a correction to the former, “I’m not really from anywhere anymore, I suppose.” He spoke lightly with a humorous tone sugar coating his words, he would not burden the filly with the knowledge of his crimes. “Would you mind telling me where I am? Or rather where you are from, that is I take it you are from here?”

He was curious as to if there were more of her kind flying around these skies. Hopefully he would be able to charm her into taking him with her; if he had not yet frightened her off with his excessive prying questions.

i'm headed straight for the castle
they've got the kingdom locked up

image credits

@Naerys so sorry this took a while for me to get up!

Messages In This Thread
Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Rowtag - 09-16-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Naerys - 09-19-2015, 01:51 AM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Rowtag - 09-21-2015, 05:19 AM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Naerys - 09-22-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Rowtag - 09-23-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Naerys - 09-24-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Rowtag - 09-24-2015, 11:46 AM