the Rift

[PRIVATE] Forgive Me [finished]

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

Najya shadowed Mesec as he stepped away from the battlefield.  Lucius still sat comfortably on her withers and seemed content to stay there.  She saw no reason to unseat him now, even though Mesec was himself once more.  She suspected the little zephyr was just as confused as Mesec himself.  Regardless, it was time for their journey to continue, but it seemed like the wind had been swept from the Nightwind's wings.  The battle had been won, but Mesec seemed utterly defeated.  The chocolate and flaxen mare disliked seeing her friend in such a state.  She knew he had friends - and likely family - that had also been present at the battle.  The image of the mare lying prone on the ground instantly came to mind before she shook it away.  

"Again, taking the blame for something far beyond your control."  The mare shook her head, causing the disks to stir on her forehead, before looking back to the winged stallion, "Unless you can control coincidence and failed to tell me?"  The honesty was clear in her eyes - he had come here only because he recognized the magic of his mother (at least that's the connection she now drew on her own.)  He did not drag her into danger against her will.  "And if I remember correctly - you encouraged me away from this place."  It had been her choice to follow and hers alone. 

It was clear from his actions earlier that he had blacked out during the battle - when he fell…when he transformed.  Najya had been expecting the question.  Her heart dropped.  How could she possibly begin to explain?  Oh, well you transformed into a horse-sized shadow wolf and tried to attack your friends and a child, but don't worry - you were distracted by the tiny demon wolves!  Gods, no.  It would destroy him.  So she decided that the best option was to be as honest as possible without overwhelming him.  She couldn't hide what happened from him…and she wouldn't.   Her eyes flicked to the ground for a moment and she drew a deep breath before she glanced back up to Mesec - steeling her resolve and preparing to tell him what she knew he didn't want to hear. 

"You collapsed.  At first I thought it was one of the shadows that had injured you - but you were convulsing on the ground.  When you came to you weren't…" she paused, looking for the right words. "You weren't yourself.  You'd transformed into a wolf of your own - nothing like the creatures from the Rift - but decidedly un-equine."  She waited again, affording him a moment to digest the news. 

"You weren't yourself in the wolf's body, that much was clear.  You didn't seem to recognize anyone around you.  But you were distracted when the wolf-god from the rift broke apart into miniatures and you hunted them - still fighting for Helovia even if you weren't aware.  In the end it was the Goddess - your mother - who returned you to your proper shape.  I doubt she would have let you get out of control.  There were other's too, making sure that you were safe all the while - myself, Aviya, a blue mare who could control lightning.  They all came to your aid despite the transformation.  You weren't alone…"  She drifted off then - still doing her best to hold Mesec's gaze, but she knew hearing this had to be painful for him. 

She omitted the part where he was the wolf who had injured her shoulder.  She saw no reason to cause him more distress.  

A wave of exhaustion swept over her.  It was more than that, really.  She just didn't feel right, but she could not pinpoint the source.  She felt better in the immediate aftermath of the battle, thanks to the Goddess, but it was almost as if the battle was catching up with her now that the Goddess was absent.  For a brief moment her vision seemed to go red but she was able to blink the now-familiar lands of the Labyrinth back into focus after only a few seconds.  Perhaps it was just the flood of emotions after the battle catching up to her.  It wasn't worth dwelling on now. 

NAJYA
image credits || Thank You Sarah! <3 || Tags:

@Random Event

LabLung /:

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
Forgive Me [finished] - by Mesec - 09-16-2015, 08:47 PM
RE: Forgive Me - by Najya - 09-16-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: Forgive Me - by Random Event - 09-17-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Forgive Me - by Mesec - 09-23-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Forgive Me - by Najya - 10-10-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: Forgive Me - by Mesec - 10-20-2015, 08:07 PM