the Rift

[OPEN] The Grand Optimist

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
I'll fight to survive through this thunderous life
without you by my side

Mesec’s attention rested almost completely on Ampere, a fact that he would later feel guilty about but in the moment it could not be helped. Part of him just couldn’t believe that she was here, speaking to him (them). When she responded with a ‘yes’ to his question on whether it hurt, his legs took him forward as they should have before - his muzzle breaching the gap between them as he went to nudge her softly. He was prepared for her to move away from him but hoped she wouldn’t - how long had it been? Did he even have the right to miss her warmth? He wanted to move even closer, to wrap his neck around hers, to whisper the apologies that he had not yet had the chance to repeat. But perhaps when they were alone he would get that chance.

He mustn’t forget that they weren’t alone.

The two mares talked about the sickness they both shared, collective hope that it would be taken care of soon, and though he agreed with them his mind was elsewhere. And it took the question from Ampere to bring him back. Are you okay?

For a moment, he closed his eyes - head already shaking in response but to also ward off the emotions that rose in reaction to the question. He would not cry here, not again, thoughts of Aviya flooding his mind. Satisfied that no tears would actually fall, even if they did add an extra shine to his silver eyes, he opened them and answered her truthfully. “No.” The word was quiet as he held her gaze. Little that had occurred lately had been even close to being okay. Her anger haunted him, he had unveiled his heritage when half or more of Helovia wanted to kill his mother, he transformed into a monster, his sister had died, and he was helpless to heal those that were falling sick. But he felt better now, in her company. Now that she was speaking to him again. It hardly made everything better but it mended something for the demigod.

Ampere had mentioned fighting the wolf and he flinched away from the word, wondering if the one she spoke of was him. “I heard that you.. you were trying to help me.” I thought you hated me. He didn’t hide his confusion, nor his sorrow. Too much had happened in that Labyrinth for him to worry about concealing his emotions for the moment. “Did I hurt you?” Again. He knew he had before but he needed to know if Najya had omitted anything about what he had done as a wolf. Had he struck out at those seeking to protect him when he had fallen?

A quiet cough behind him reminded Mesec that he wasn’t alone with Ampere. Ears flicking back there was a rush of embarrassment and he looked to Najya before focusing again on Ampere, always on her, though for a different reason this time. “I  wanted to offer Najya a home here... if you’re willing to accept her and help her cross.”

original html by rottie
picture by xdjurax at deviantart

permission from Kiara to PP Najya's "stop ignoring me, you idiot" cough
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
The Grand Optimist - by Mesec - 09-16-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Ampere - 09-16-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Najya - 09-17-2015, 01:16 AM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Mesec - 09-17-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Ampere - 09-19-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Najya - 09-27-2015, 10:11 PM