the Rift

[OPEN] The Grand Optimist

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

I'll fight to survive through this thunderous life
without you by my side

Mesec was so ready to believe Ampere, so ready to believe that somehow they could train the ability - the monster that was hidden inside of him. For the moment, that blissful moment when he stood near her once more, he let that belief take root inside of him. He let himself be fooled by her talk of sunshine and her strength. It wouldn’t last long, the sun never did, but it was hard to deny her right now. So for now he just smiled faintly at her and nodded, any argument gone right out of him. No, his wasn’t the first magic to lose control and it wouldn’t be the last. But this wasn’t a trick of shadows or a spark of electricity - it was an entirely separate creature from himself.  

At any rate, he was not left to worry for long - there were other things to think about. Najya’s cough had forced them to change the subject and as Ampere moved away to insert her key - Mesec turned to the flaxen mare. “If you want to be a storyteller, you should talk to Maren. I believe she’s the head of those ranks in the Throat right now.” He glanced at Ampere, checking to make sure that he got this right. Later, he’d give Najya some descriptions to go with all of the names that they were handing out. He remembered wandering the Throat with names but no faces to go with them - the process would certainly be easier if he had known what faces to look for.

He had never actually seen the bridge in use, not up close, and the flicker of fire that burst into brilliant wings on the back of not only Najya but Ampere as well fascinated him. Harmless, beautiful flames. Mesec looked back to see if any were on his own back but it seemed to just be working on the pair of them. Those roaming silver eyes lingered on one of their figures, blue illuminated with warm oranges and reds, before some hesitation on Najya’s part caught his attention and caused a brighter smile on his face. “I guess I could have mentioned the fire.” Mesec gently teased, his mind too heavy to put much effort into the joke. In time with them, he unfurled his regular old wings, the fire from the two mares shining on his dark skin. He made certain that they were ready before taking off, coasting alongside the pair. Though he knew that the bridge was quite safe, he kept an eye on Najya - watching for any sign of distress.

She was certainly getting quite the introduction to Helovia: from invasion to monsters to fiery wings.

Once they were landed safely and the fire gone, Najya was officially in the Throat. “Come on, let’s find somewhere for you to rest and later I’ll give you a tour.” The coughing and black ooze that they were both displaying worried him greatly, and even if Najya protested they had made quite the journey here and it would be good for her to rest, even if only for a little bit. And then finally, his voice softer, he turned to reach out to Ampere once more. “Thank you, Ampere.” If he was lucky, they would not be parted for long this time.

original html by rottie
picture by xdjurax at deviantart

just wrapping it up <33
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
The Grand Optimist - by Mesec - 09-16-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Ampere - 09-16-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Najya - 09-17-2015, 01:16 AM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Mesec - 09-17-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Ampere - 09-19-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Najya - 09-27-2015, 10:11 PM