the Rift

[OPEN] Wolf Like Me

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

"I assume anyway," he expanded, unsure now if it their crest. "He could turn into a wolf, at any rate." He had seen that first hand. Öde fell quiet as Volterra continued on, and at his comment of dying Öde gave a short, sad sort of laugh. "It's not as great as it sounds, much better to just stay alive int he first place." Had fate given Öde immortality due to his penchant for dying, or was he simply reckless because he knew death did not await him (yet)?

Or, even better, was it a hint at his godly blood?
He liked that idea.

Volterra continued to talk about his dragon and Öde nodded, still marginally jealous of the beast, but certain he didn't need one, just like how none of the gods were bonded. That link to the soul was as strong as it was weak, he couldn't afford that mortality to drag him down, but he wouldn't say as much to his kind. Blood shared or not, it didn't make both of them gods.

"I understand," Öde murmured as Volterra confessed he'd been mostly alone. "I was separated from my mother for most of my youth when the land was invaded by wraiths and I was turned into one. After, I struggled to find her again, and then the Moon started murdering everyone... mother rescued me from that, at expense of herself." Öde had grown enough that he no longer teared up at the memory. Much as he loathed his mom at the time for more or less abandoning him and letting him become a wraith, he missed her more now that she was gone, and the rose tinted eyes of the past only reminded him of their better times together. She had been strong, in her own way, in ways that Lena was not. He supposed he was better for having the both of them to guide him, but it didn't make her total loss any easier, and it was just a reminder that though he was immortal, the others around him weren't. Could he afford such close emotional connections that would ultimately leave him vulnerable in the wake of their demise?
"So if you see her again, tell you mom her sister, October, is dead. And know you're always welcome to share in my herd at the Basin." He frowned, but moved on with a low cough.

"You could say I've met the DemonKing," Öde began by way of answering Volterra's inquiry. Oblivion was the only other kin he'd really met - his mother he'd already told of. Was there more? Oblivion hadn't said, and the others he knew off were not from his mother's side, though they were no less weak. "He comes to me when I die... like he, like he ushers souls around. He's not a god exactly, but I don't think he's just gone either." That was why Öde prayed to him. He could feel him still.

"He told me of you and your sister and mother. I can't image a corpse would know those things."
ÖDE
IT IS NOT A GOD'S DUTY TO BOW TO DENIZENS OF MORTAL FLESH

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Messages In This Thread
Wolf Like Me - by Öde - 09-17-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Wolf Like Me - by Volterra - 09-17-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: Wolf Like Me - by Random Event - 09-17-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Wolf Like Me - by Öde - 09-26-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: Wolf Like Me - by Volterra - 09-28-2015, 01:15 PM
RE: Wolf Like Me - by Random Event - 09-28-2015, 09:45 PM
RE: Wolf Like Me - by Öde - 10-14-2015, 03:31 PM
RE: Wolf Like Me - by Volterra - 10-20-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: Wolf Like Me - by Öde - 11-11-2015, 11:25 PM