the Rift

[OPEN] what pretty bones

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

What if this whole crusade's a charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid

It had taken a long time and a whole lot more conversation about Helovia than I'd had since running into Erebos and Cathun.

I think as much to myself as, at last, we stand in the shadow of the sentinels, their proud bronze figures shining in the late afternoon sun.  My temples throb with stress, my own body weary as seven hells from the added excursion of carrying the mare for such a distance, vaguely aware of an occasional pull to my awareness whenever her strength seemed to fail her that left me feeling oddly drained.

It was as if, by willing her to continue walking, I could do so, but it was also as if I had to walk for her.

And, now that we’re at last at our destination (which really hadn’t seemed quite so far in my memory), I feel oddly as if I’m going to just drop onto the permafrost path that widens into our Birdsong valley.  The rich emerald blanket looks absolutely dreamy, the dapples of colorful mountain flowers a blur in my weary vision; cool, the breeze tugs through my mane and across my figure, keeping me cognizant and in the present, though my head feels full of soft wool.

I won’t tell the water walker that I am so very tired (I even keep my head high and my step strong to try and hide the fact that my legs feel like stone), disliking the notion of appearing weak, and also not wanting to burden her with the thought that she was, well, a burden – one that was starting to become ever so heavy, but one that I’d also asked for. 

I can’t very well bitch, can I?  How chivalrous a dude will I seem then?

"Well, this is it," I say, veiling my weariness in a chipper tone, not even acknowledging the giant metal behemoths which tower at twenty hands alongside us (too used to their presence to worry about them – one has always been, as far as my own memory is concerned), "the Aurora Basin."

The eloquence of my mother’s descriptions is absent in my terse welcome, my thoughts lingering more on whether I should bother to ask her not to wander off until someone has approved of her presence – while beautiful, the gleam of this land hides the ferocity of its protectors.  But, as I glance over at her, I have a second thought that, if she manages to wander off from me in her current state, I’ll just knock my horn off right then and there.

I spare her the indignity of being bossed around.  Instead, I gesture inward with my gold tipped horn at an angle (so that my eyes still hold fast to her face while my beloved blade invites her to look out upon it), its spiral long and angled out towards the unfreezing, mirror like surface of the lake and the vale which ensconces it.

"You want a tour?" I ask with a smile.

[ OOC:  Timeline wise this is after the battle with the Bear, but before the battle with the Wolf, for anyone coming in.  It is a continuation of this thread.  I'm not sure if Yue is staying so please no one rank update unless Danjah says so. :P Also leads may beat Rikyn if guest inviting is not allowed. xDD  Uhhh oh Danjah assume he told Yue sorta about the Basin (all unicorns, vague description) and also has told her the names of the other three lands (as he knows them to have been a year ago).  He would also have given her the name of the locations they passed through (Threshold, Deep Forest, Thistle Meadow, Frostbreath Steppe).  This route was chosen to avoid mountains as much as possible (pretty rough terrain to be helping someone through xD). Uhhhh I think that's it?  PM me if you have questions. ^^; ]
For the blood on which we dine
Justified in the name of the Holy and the Divine.

@Ming Yue

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-18-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Ming Yue - 09-22-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-24-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Deimos - 09-27-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Random Event - 09-28-2015, 12:23 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Ming Yue - 09-28-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-29-2015, 01:18 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Deimos - 10-04-2015, 07:30 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Ming Yue - 10-10-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 10-19-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Deimos - 10-25-2015, 11:29 AM