the Rift

KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Drawing her head back to shake the long pieces of her forelock from her face the white girl listens as the others begin to speak. Jahzara spoke first describing the Edge from her point of view which stirred up some of her own memories about the Edge. It had been the trees and the mist that had felt comfortable and secure when she finally managed to settle in one place after so long of being alone. It had become easy for her to sink back into the shadows and make herself disappear like she had never existed. Many times she had found herself drawn to the edges of the cliffs to look out over the ocean wishing that she could just fade away into the night. The place had been a one of joy but also heartbreak and destruction like the one night when she had watched her friend take her own life. The cliffs had been her way out and she had to sit back and watch her die feeling helpless and all alone. Nothing she did had been able to help, she had tried but in the end the same results came.

Snapping her head out of those destructive memories as Jahzara's voice faded out and Odette's began she forced herself to not return to such a state. Those had been dark times and if she was ever going to be happy and find the light she needed to take care and not send herself back in a downward spiral again. Her frame was boney but it was far from being her worst such as the day she arrived. She hadn't an ounce of fat anywhere on her body and it was easy to count each rib and exterior placed bones. Frowning at Odette's description of herself she couldn't help but say something to correct it.
"You are not a cripple nor are you worthless. Why would we accept you? We would accept you because we are here to help you and give you a home and family you can rely on." She stated a little harshly at first but managed to reign in her frustration quickly so not to be rude. "I apologize if I sounded a little harsh but I know how it feels to be in your position. A number of years ago when I first arrived I was a complete mess, way worse than you are now. I had never known what it was like to have people care or to want to help you. It took a long time before I could settle in but it was honestly the best decision I had ever made. I likely can't imagine what has happened to you but trust me when I say you are safe here with us." Managing a soft smile she hoped that sharing her story might make it easier for the winged mare to see that they were not going to hurt them.

"No one has to take on a job if they do not want to. As Jahzara said you can take a look around and see what interests you. If you are not happy we will not stop you from leaving if that is what you want to do. All of us may come and go as we please there are no restrictions or contracts to control you or anyone. Over the years I have taken on the role as Mason which I never thought would have been possible if not for encouragement and kind words from others. If you wish to come to the Fall's I can accept you into our home without any problems and the others will trust my decision." Wow where had all those words come from she wondered in amazement as she finished her little unexpected speech. She had never been one that talked a whole lot especially to those she did not know but she somehow felt a connection to Odette and wanted to help both Orlando and her. Maybe it was because in a way she looked at Odette and seen herself all those years ago in such horrific conditions. Wounds had littered her body and her mind making her untrusting and scared of new things. She couldn't watch someone else go through something similar and be alright with it. No, she was in a position now to help and that's exactly what she wanted to do so nobody had to suffer the same way she had.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @Orlando , @Odette , @Jahzara
•• NOTES: <3  ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Odette - 09-18-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Orlando - 09-18-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Brisa - 09-18-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Jahzara - 09-18-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Odette - 09-18-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Orlando - 09-18-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Brisa - 09-21-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Jahzara - 09-24-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Odette - 09-25-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Orlando - 09-25-2015, 07:35 PM