the Rift

KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep

Odette Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

» Bit by bit she built up her walls, fragile things made of plastic bricks piled up precariously around a child's toy castle in an effort to ward off imagined monsters. A gentle push brought them crumbling down from their shaky foundations, betraying a heart that had longed to be unencumbered by them from the very start. Odette bowed her head in a humble effort to hide her tears from the eyes of her onlookers, but to even her own surprise, none were forthcoming. Perhaps the enormity of her emotions had not yet translated to her exhausted and worn body, or perhaps she had cried out all her life's quota worth of tears already, but whatever the case, she could only stand, mute and dry-eyed, and accept wholeheartedly the kindness of strangers. Jahzara and Brisa, though they might not have known it, had extended her the first offers of unconditional acceptance she had known since becoming a condemned and homeless outcast. No matter if they were being sincere or not - and Odette clung fiercely to the belief that they were, with the desperation of one drowning - she had needed it, needed to hear that she was capable, that she was not alone, and above all that she was wanted. At that point she would gladly have followed them anywhere, even if they promised to lead her to some deep dark pit of Hell. When she spoke, she half expected her voice to be thick and choked with emotion, but instead it came out with a steady calm that she didn't feel in the slightest, save for an odd tremor that was all that spoke of her tumultuous emotions. "I will remember this kindness," she vowed to both mares, at last raising her strange dry eyes to meet the gazes of her benefactors. "I pray that I will have the chance to repay it one day, and fully express my gratitude."

» Pausing, Odette forced herself to become as calm as feasibly possible, in an effort to weigh her new options without impulsive haste. Although she tried with a truly valiant effort, in her heart she knew that the decision had been made already, try though she might to be objective about a choice that would redefine the rest of her life. She had flown over majestic waterfalls before, and knew of their beauty and splendor, but she had lived too far inland to know the taste of briny wind and crisp salt air. "I have never seen the ocean before," she finally ventured to say, curiosity and a newfound spark of life overcoming any remaining trepidation. "If you would have me, perhaps my lady Jahzara can be my guide to the World's Edge." Turning to Brisa, she gently sank into a deep, rather elaborate bow, fluffing out the feathers of her wing with an old-fashioned elegance befitting the ladies in fairy tales and song. "Adieu, dear Brisa; may we cross paths again! And to you, Orlando, unless you would depart for the World's Edge as well. I wish you all the best on your path to a warrior's glory."

TAG »
MUSE »
STATUS »
WORDS »
NOTES »

@Orlando @Brisa @Jahzara
good
complete
Aahhh so sorry for the late post! This can end the thread, unless you guys want to wrap up with your own posts. Fuzz, let's thread these two in WE and get her formally accepted! :D

Table Coding © Ayumi
Photomanipulation & Character: Ayumi
Stock: deadmarshes, prints-of-stock, Dragoroth-stock, momotte2stocks, lubellemanipulation on dA
Lyrics: 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift

Messages In This Thread
KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Odette - 09-18-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Orlando - 09-18-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Brisa - 09-18-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Jahzara - 09-18-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Odette - 09-18-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Orlando - 09-18-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Brisa - 09-21-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Jahzara - 09-24-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Odette - 09-25-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Orlando - 09-25-2015, 07:35 PM