[PRIVATE] Out of Order [OPHELIA]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
It's a love I cannot hold; it's a love I cannot win

Tinek watched from the perch of her hip, keen, red eyes observing her with the God of the Sun. She was softer with him, somehow. There was a brightness and ease in her animated expression, and her fears melted beneath her hooves. But, he knew her heart, and what she felt for this god was closer to awe and inspiration than love; he blurred the line of wise father figure and handsome deity – unattainable. Though he did not understand her desire to mate for life, he encouraged it nonetheless, for her heart was true and feeble, unable to withstand the bitter winters of this world alone.

Ophelia awaited his commands, willing to follow any instruction he gave for whatever reason. She was loyal to those she cared about – undyingly so and with little thought to herself. Instead, his words faded into the blissful mental cloud hovering just outside her realm of understanding. What had she done that deserved this honor? Was she truly graceful? Honestly, she did not think so. Did she have poise when she threatened Deimos? Was it grace she demonstrated when she angrily fought against the Hidden Falls and Midas’ narrow mindedness? Whatever he saw in her, Ophelia could not see it in herself.

The pale princess blinked up at him, lips opening and closing as she lost her words, overwhelmed by the affection and adoration she saw in his unwavering gaze. Emotion caught in her throat, and she was stunned into silence, feeling glassy tears fill the brims of her strange, two colored eyes.

Ascended.

And now she had to make an impossible choice. He offered her thousands of lifetimes and an endless reign, or the blessings for her future children. In essence, she was choosing between a life with him and Torleik. She knew that. The subtext was there, unwritten, but whispering between the spoken words. Ophelia grimaced at the mention of the Moon Goddess, choosing instead to focus on that while her stomach churned over the concerns of her decision. “So many I loved are dead because of her,” she said quietly, blinking away the liquid beads from her eyes. “Though you are correct; there is little that can be done, mortal or immortal.”

“I just...want you to be happy...”

Ophelia heard the thought and lifted her head slightly, brows furrowing as she turned to see Torleik standing there, the darkness to the Sun God’s light. There were burn marks on his face, and the bright blue of his eyes was dulled. She felt her heart flop in her chest, lingering anger she held for him dissipating with the thought he projected. Looking at him now, she knew her choice. It was easy. Simple.

She looked back up to her god, peace and adoration still strong. “With my mind, forever would be madness, and I have never been afraid to die. Wherever I go once my body stops breathing, I know you will take care of me as you always have,” she murmured to him gently, hoping that she would not break his heart in the process. “I choose this mortal life.” Ophelia’s eyes flickered to Torleik’s, softening ever so slightly. “I choose my future children.”

"I choose you..."

Her gaze turned back to the god of the sun. “Thank you, for this gift. I vow to forever honor your shrine during your season, and I will teach all who will hear about the wisdom, generosity and kindness you share.” Ophelia bowed deeply. She chanced a look back into his golden orbs. "Surely there is something I can do to honor you and this gift?"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Out of Order [OPHELIA] - by God of the Sun - 09-19-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Out of Order [OPHELIA] - by Ophelia - 09-19-2015, 05:33 PM
RE: Out of Order [OPHELIA] - by God of the Sun - 09-19-2015, 08:48 PM
RE: Out of Order [OPHELIA] - by Torleik - 09-20-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Out of Order [OPHELIA] - by Ophelia - 09-21-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: Out of Order [OPHELIA] - by God of the Sun - 09-23-2015, 10:53 PM