the Rift

the mad mare {open}

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

what looks so sweet on the outside... does not always appeal to inner character

The chilly morning is overhung with clouds, the kind of day where the sky is a dark bruised smear on the horizon and the worn white snow is painted with black and blue shadows, nearly as injured as the sky. The white falling from the sky coated my skin, chilled my ears, danced and played before my eyes. My head swung, and the world shattered into a million colors, glowing with reds, oranges, yellows, blues, azures, violets, diamond whites, shining celestial colors that exploded everywhere, that I could taste on my tongue. The sweetness of the yellow, the fire of the reds, the cool of the turquoise and navy blues, the exotic spice of green and violet, the lovely forgiving crispness of diamonds. I'm mad, I'm mad, I'm mad... The thoughts were long and slow, a twisting serpent in a mind of chaos.

A squirrel pops out of the snow, ice frosting its whiskers, its huge eyes looming into my vision, taking up all space. It chitters, coat turning restlessly from red to yellow to a brilliant mix of red and white, something called pink. Its eyes to turn to delicate, hard sapphires, its tail to diamonds, it's body to rubies. It runs to me, leaps, crawling over my ears and wings, and then it is gone. Again, a squirrel appears to me, cycling through colors. Another one explodes up from beside it in a flurry of snow. Dazed, I stare at it, my onyx eyes bugging out of my head. Ink cascades down my ebony legs, a thick porous liquid that oozes and shines grotesquely.

I scream, rising up from the snow, cold white fluff exploding up from under my black hooves, my huge wings expanding to buffet the cold. Panicking, I toss my head from side to side, my hooves scrape the frozen earth beneath the wet white. I collapse, trembling into the snow, still shaking my head in desperation.

Free me from these demons.

walk and walk
think the thoughts
see what doesn't exist
"talk and talk those crazy mad thoughts"

Messages In This Thread
the mad mare {open} - by Svetlana - 10-04-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: the mad mare {open} - by Saveliy - 10-05-2012, 12:50 AM
RE: the mad mare {open} - by Svetlana - 10-06-2012, 03:33 PM
RE: the mad mare {open} - by Saveliy - 10-07-2012, 12:05 PM
RE: the mad mare {open} - by Svetlana - 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM
RE: the mad mare {open} - by Saveliy - 10-10-2012, 01:54 AM