the Rift

[PRIVATE] and I think to myself...what a wonderful world [Moon Post-SWP]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
the Golden Prince

He weathered the snap of her voice, because in it he could somehow sense that she understood. And instead of sighing with relief, shrinking down before her, he swelled. Growing to fit the skin that no longer felt uncomfortable and ill-fit around him. Understanding does not diminish pain. And he smiles at her, because he finally understands that, and it is a glorious thing to be able to move on from the past. Yes, his brother and father are gone, dead. Murdered, the both of them. But he cannot change that, and while he misses them, he also has their memories to keep him warm. He is tiny, so insignificant before the Goddess, and he does not even attempt to weed out why she had done what she did. It wouldn't change anything, and she saw plans so much greater than he, with futures and outcomes he could not even hope to predict. 

"I'm grateful that you can see what I cannot," he made clear, and he hoped that whatever plans she had set forth came to fruition for the benefit of Helovia. It's what his family would have wanted, with their deaths, at least. "But I will try to broaden my understanding, mortal as I am," was confessed softly, wondering if she would disapprove of that, or find it a fruitless endeavor. How could he, after all? Those at his disposal to converse with were similarly mortal. The least he could do was try.

He watches the shadows converge, a scene he is familiar with, but one he has made peace with. Wonders idly what Megaera will think, watching his past self murder Midas' twisted other self. Would she think less of him? Ah, but wasn't that ironic? Because that's exactly what had happened, on a much larger scale, with the Moon Goddess. And suddenly his breath leaves him on that realization, and his eyes fly to the Goddess. She is praising him, in some small way, for at least having once held that capability within his grasp. "I understand," came tumbling out in his surprise, because he did, in some way. 

And he glows beneath her eyes, comforted by his own insignificance even as he promises to strive towards greater understanding. "Thank you, my Lady," he says sincerely, and bows his head to her. While attacking her was one of his greater mistakes, this...this, right here, was worth it all. 

OOC HERE
IMAGE CREDIT
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
RE: and I think to myself...what a wonderful world [Moon Post-SWP] - by Cera - 10-19-2015, 01:35 AM