the Rift

I spy with my little eye...

Rowtag Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The copper beast slipped through the mist, walking with cat like elegance, slinking through the shadows of the forest. Ever since arriving in Helovia he had wanted to explore, to soak up the knowledge of the land and uncover its secrets. So what better place to start than with his new home?

He did not shy from the crowd that had gathered around the white unicorn whom had called the meeting to order; but he hung back watching as creatures of all shapes and sizes came to assemblance, wishing to observe unseen a while longer. Whilst his intentions had been on observing the curiosities for equines that approached, they could not distract him from the creature whom sat upon the back of the alabaster mare, no matter how strange their appearance.

Rowtag’s hooves carried him forward blindly, bright eyes transfixed on the sleeping silver reptile. It was certainly no ordinary lizard but he wasn't exactly surprised— he had just found out that horses could fly. It would certainly take a lot more than an over sized lizard to wow him now. And whilst he was still a ways away he was able to catch a black brute's words—'Dragon'.

He had lied. Apparently winged horses weren’t the most exciting/shocking new experience to grace his life.

A dragon? But they weren't real— myths perhaps, legends from old, but a real dragon? It was impossible, he must have been in some kind of illusion, for surely it couldn't be real. (And weren’t dragons supposed to be...well giant?) Yet there one was taking a nap on the back of a unicorn! Rowtag blinked furiously and rubbed his eyes against his legs before checking and confirming that what he saw was no dream. By now his feet had taken him into the midst of the group and his ears swiveled about as each individual introduced themselves. He didn’t know why he bothered! How was he supposed to learn names when there was a dragon, a real dragon meters away!? Luckily, it seemed as though his brain had acquired some kind of autopilot. As if on cue, his own name slipped from his tongue, “Rowtag, new as well…”  

His own rough voice rang in his ears, enough to bring him back to attention. With a quick shake of his head, he was ready to push the dragon aside or at least out of his thoughts for a few minutes whilst he studied his new herd mates. But compared to the dragon, they were down right boring for the little chestnut brute. He made a quick mental note to ask the one they called Ophelia about her dozing companion some other time whilst he poorly attempted to draw his wandering mind back to the conversation.

OOC: Mentions Ophelia and Tinek also briefly Entia. Here to learn some history and spy school!

i'm headed straight for the castle
they've got the kingdom locked up

image credits

Messages In This Thread
I spy with my little eye... - by Ophelia - 09-21-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Glasgow - 09-21-2015, 08:02 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Entia - 09-21-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Anzanie - 09-23-2015, 06:02 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Whisper - 09-23-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Nyx - 09-23-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Jahzara - 09-24-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Nuray - 09-25-2015, 02:48 AM