the Rift

I spy with my little eye...

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
WE HELD TOGETHER THE FRAGILE SKY TO KEEP OUR WAY OF LIFE

Naerys had been wandering as she usually did, though today she remained within the borders of the Edge. A rather rare occurrence lately. She'd given her mother cause enough to worry so with a reluctant sigh, the brown and white girl drifted through the misty trees. The depth of her memories, however, lends little excitement to the task. Boredom weighs heavily on the young girl and for a moment she contemplates leaping from the cliffs to soar out above the ocean - a risky maneuver to be sure, especially with her flying skills still needing some fine-tuning. Despite the dangers, the pull is strong until a soft voice drifts towards her; tugging her attention elsewhere and giving her a new purpose.

The girl turns rather abruptly, changing her course within seconds on her long, slender legs. Teal eyes search for bodies in the mist, ears swivel to listen for voices. It becomes rather quickly evident that others had reacted more quickly or had been closer to the mare that had called because other voices carry across the mists to her - many of which she didn't know. As she drew near, however, his deep chestnut form catches her eye. Her teal eyes lock onto him, her hooves stepping more carefully than they had before. The girl inches closer before hiding herself in the shadows of the trees just outside the clearing at the same moment that he steps forward. He seems different, almost mesmerized. For a moment, her little heart sinks - thinking that one of the mares in the group had garnered such a reaction out of him - but when her own gaze drifts to the silver dragon on Ophelia's back, a wide smile curves her soft lips. If he thought flying horses was strange, then surely seeing a dragon could cause him to react that way?

Giggling softly to herself, hardly audible above the inhaling and exhaling of her breath, the girl slips through the trees on quiet and careful hooves. Naerys circles around behind Rowtag then proceeds forward as quietly as she can and simply slides to a stop beside on his left side. She is careful with her spacing, keeping enough distance between them that he wouldn't be oddly alerted to her presence. Keeping her eyes forward and on the pale mare, she opens her right wing with the intent of bumping Rowtag's side. With humor lighting her already bright eyes, the girl composes herself and successfully holds back her laughter and inevitable 'What's the matter? Dragon got your tongue?' that would come later... in private. "Naerys." she says confidently, her voice still sweet as it usually was. "Daughter of Alysanne, one of the moon doctors." she concludes, finally allowing her gaze to drift over the sea of unfamiliar faces. There were many that she didn't know. So many that she almost pressed herself closer to Rowtag's side. Almost. She resisted for now, driven by the need to appear older, more self-sufficient.

She needed to be seen as a mare, not a filly. Especially by him.

N A E R Y S
Image Credits

[haha, sorry she's being awkward! xD Directly mentions/interacts with @Rowtag but also vaguely mentions everyone else.]

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
I spy with my little eye... - by Ophelia - 09-21-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Glasgow - 09-21-2015, 08:02 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Entia - 09-21-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Anzanie - 09-23-2015, 06:02 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Whisper - 09-23-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Nyx - 09-23-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Jahzara - 09-24-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Nuray - 09-25-2015, 02:48 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Tournesol - 09-26-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Tembovu - 09-26-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Rowtag - 09-28-2015, 11:09 AM