the Rift

I spy with my little eye...

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

Iona had spent a fair amount of time attempting to get acquainted with her new home.  It was certainly a change from what she had grown accustomed to, but she wasn’t about to complain. She had her family back.  She had Alysanne back – and an adorable niece she didn’t even know she had but loved dearly already.  

Iona wasn’t stupid enough to shirk the potential that this place offered.  There was real opportunity here.  All the pieces were in play for her to build a new life for herself – one just as meaningful as the one she had left behind.  Having purpose again – and having her family back – breathed new life into the painted warrior.  She felt the years melt away as the wind whipped over her wings and she gazed down at the high cliffs of the Edge from the air.

The painted Pegasus had already surveyed the Edge thoroughly from above – as such was her habit.  Even though she was still foreign to this place, she wasn’t going to let the lands be foreign to her for any moment longer than necessary.  The mists, of course, complicated things and it took more than one day to get a good aerial picture of the Edge.

She had started to commit familiar shapes to memory – but she was only familiar with King Queen Mauja, her twin, and Naerys as far as the populace went.  When she spotted a gathering from above, she decided that there was no time like the present to take inventory of the Edge’s citizens.  She made her way to the ground quickly and folded her great wings across her back, landing far enough away from the others not to disturb them but still close enough to see.  She picked Naerys out of the crowd and couldn’t help but smile wryly at the girl’s antics.  It was obvious that the girl didn’t want to be a girl.  It’d be easy to ruffle her feathers, but Iona wasn’t willing to push her buttons in front of such a large group.  She smoothly inserted herself amongst the group of largely unfamiliar figures – her green eyes flicking smoothly between the gathering before finally offering her name.  “Iona,” she said simply, with a small dip of her head.  She could say more about her relations in the herd, or her ambitions, or ask any number of questions – but for the time being Iona’s more interested to wait and see what comes of the meeting than fill the silence with her own voice.  

I O N A

image credits 

"Hi, my name is Iona. I'm socially awkward!" :|

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
I spy with my little eye... - by Ophelia - 09-21-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Glasgow - 09-21-2015, 08:02 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Entia - 09-21-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Anzanie - 09-23-2015, 06:02 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Whisper - 09-23-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Nyx - 09-23-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Jahzara - 09-24-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Nuray - 09-25-2015, 02:48 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Tournesol - 09-26-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Tembovu - 09-26-2015, 11:42 PM