the Rift

[OPEN] Staying in my play pretend...

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

She looked up from the vibrant glow of emerald grass at the sound of approaching hooves. Concern and unease lined a forehead much too young to carry wrinkles, and turquoise eyes darted quickly from the mouth of the cave to a dark and sheltered corner where her mothers sleeping form lay, blanketed in ebony wings. It wasn't really polite to hush people, especially not strangers she didn't know, but did the walking person have to be so loud? Her mother was ill, affected by the same illness that sent black mucus gliding down her own cheeks and throat. Yet somehow it seemed the sickness was affecting her mother more than herself, and lately the mare had been irritable, tetchy and tormented by even the slightest of sounds.

Erthë had suggested this place as refuge because she believed it would be solitary and quiet - and she had longed to visit again ever since the day she fell down, like an unlikely Alice into the rabbit hole. But for all that the wonderland was wondrous, it sure as hell (oops, sorry mom) wasn't quiet.

Anxiety mingled with annoyance as she studied the horse that entered into the gleaming, glowing cavern. To the young girl, this mare looked quite as painfully brilliant as every other thing in there. Shimmering and gleaming, pulsating with light in a worrying, epileptic way and made her eyes water and burn. The horrible, gaudy effect delayed her ability to process what she saw, and it took longer than usual for her to register the vague familiarity of the face, the dual horns - and the bear skin resting over graceful shoulders.

"Oh! You were there too... in the red forest." Her voice was quiet even as it called out in surprise, hushed and considerate as she stole another glance at her sleeping mother. The Blackbird didn't stir however, seeming to be utterly exhausted, and it made the little hybrid girl breathe a soft sigh of relief.

On dainty cloves she tripped closer to the foreign mare, ears pricked in gentle curiosity. Erthë tried to recall just when she had seen this person during the chaotic battle, an eager smile appearing on youthful lips when she realized that she hadn't been there before the Time God appeared.

"You came through the portal, didn't you?" she murmured, awed as she was wary. "What did it look like on the other side?"

e r t h ë
in every lost soul the bones of a miracle
Image Credit

@Seren - hope you don't mind me crashing this :D

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Staying in my play pretend... - by Seren - 09-21-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: Staying in my play pretend... - by Erthë - 09-27-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: Staying in my play pretend... - by Seren - 10-24-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: Staying in my play pretend... - by Erthë - 10-30-2015, 06:36 AM