the Rift

[PRIVATE] bring back the sun

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

Mesec did blame himself for all that had occurred, but he appreciated Ranjiri’s comments all the same - giving her a small smile in response. Logically, he knew she was right - but there were far too many emotions getting in the way of accepting that fact wholeheartedly. Was it common to feel such a heavy weight at the mention of a parent? Or was that a special award for being half-god?

Upon mention of Cera, Mesec thought of the crafter, how he had gone after the Goddess, and hoped that he was alright too. Hopefully Ranjiri’s intervention had limited any harm that had come. He could certainly understand the reasons for attacking his mother and sympathized with those that did, but her revenge would be swift.

And just like that, with a single question, she brought up exactly the reason why Mesec had sought her out. He may not have had the courage to bring it up, at least not for a little while (and then, undoubtedly, it would have made little sense to just drop into conversation. “Yes… I… you were yelling something with his name was the last thing I heard before I…. before I blacked out during the battle.” Before he transformed - but he couldn’t speak that word just yet, couldn’t bring up the fog that still surrounded what may have happened in the time that he had lost. He continued in a soft voice, eyes shifting away from her and to the horizon, to anywhere else.  “It distracted me from what else was going on, that’s why I remember you… You knew Hototo too?” It was not surprising how many showed love for the fallen earth demigod.

As her expression warmed with the mention of Ros, so did his. “She’s my sister. Well, not by blood but her mom took me in when I was a foal and we grew up together for a time.” He remembered being there when she was born, a pain right from day one. But he wouldn’t trade those memories for anything - Ros was a pain but in the way he imagined all little sisters should be. Just the thought of her made his grin grow. “I remember her mentioning your name before.”

Mesec & Lucius

original bird shape by lukeroberts at deviantart
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-22-2015, 10:34 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Ranjiri - 09-23-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-23-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Ranjiri - 09-23-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-23-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Ranjiri - 09-23-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-27-2015, 07:30 PM