[PRIVATE] bring back the sun

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

"Did you have someone in the Throat reminding you of the good things?"

I could have lied. I could have told him that I had all the support in the entire world in the fallout after my brother and my father's deaths, but if I'm anything at all I'm honest. So I shook my head and looked down at my hooves. "No... not at first." I murmured. "I mean ... Gaucho found me in the Basin after my dad died. He let me cry on his shoulder and shielded me from everyone, was with me when they buried him in the Falls, but I couldn't keep him with me forever, y'know. He has the herd to take care of." I shrugged a little then continued on. "I stayed alone for a long time. I isolated myself from the herd and my brother because I didn't want to tell him that dad had died. I didn't want to make him hurt like I was, but I hurt him anyway by avoiding him... then again when he forced me to tell him." after I attacked him when I was trying to get away.

"But... uhm... it kind of all turned around when Ros came to see me." And I couldn't hide the smile that curled the corners of my mouth upward. She had acted so quickly after I told her what had happened, she was able to ground me, hold me together and make me feel like I wasn't falling apart anymore. And, probably the most important, was that I was finally able to sleep without being woken up by nightmares. (I guess she scared my nightmares away.) "Ros being so close made me think about how much I love her and my mom and my brother. It just made me better, it was what I needed."

I was thankful when the conversation turned away from our losses and to Roskuld, because she certainly was entertaining. I grinned when Mesec told me that she'd tried to skewer him. "That definitely sounds like her." And I laughed because I could imagine tiny little Ros trying to stab big Mesec. "When Ros got her horn stuck in the tree she tried to get it out herself but she couldn't 'cause she got it stuck good. So I tried to help her get free by pulling on her tail." I laughed because it was, honestly, one of the funniest memories I had. "I wonder if that's why her tail never really grew long." Because I had yanked more than just a few hairs out in my attempt at helping her get free.

"Have you seen her lately?"

"No... not since the Spark God's fight." And I hadn't even been able to talk to her after. She'd been too busy yelling at another girl and my wing had hurt so bad that I'd wandered off. "If you see her before I do can you tell her that I miss her? And can you tell her to remember her promise?"

"."

Image Credit

@Mesec

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-22-2015, 10:34 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Ranjiri - 09-23-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-23-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Ranjiri - 09-23-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-23-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Ranjiri - 09-23-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-27-2015, 07:30 PM