the Rift

[OPEN] a wild child

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
He reassured their minds by his serenity.
His countenance, wherein his soul was visible,
expressed contempt for danger.

The joyful mare seemed so at home here on the sandy shore, dancing with the ocean as the waves slide in and recede in an endless teasing game. She's beautiful in way that he couldn't quite place. Uniquely different from Alysanne and December, though not in the way that most might think. Yes, she is a unicorn. Yes, Alysanne is a pegasus. And yes, December is an equine. But it isn't their physical differences that he notices. Instead, the differences lie further within, deeper: the heart and soul. The ocean mare's voice trills across the sands to him, lighting up the atmosphere with her delight. She laughs and the sound is so infectious that it pulls a laugh from his own chest; the sound is deep but warm and resonating. He slowly unfurls his wings with her compliment and almost reaches back to pluck one of the feathers. Almost. "Thank you!" he responds, dipping his head briefly in a small bow.

He shifts then, lifts his head back up and folds his wings once more at his sides. For a moment, she seems to grow bashful; tucking her head into her chest and flicking her long, leonine tail behind her. He allowed his blue eyes to shift, then, to look out over the ocean. Soon, the sand is gone. Soon, the healer is lost within the depths of his own mind. Now, he's back in the Edge and standing on the cliffs overlooking the very same ocean. That had been his favorite place, his peaceful place. Though even that had been tainted with time. Tainted by his own foolish mistakes. The mare's voice pulls him back and as his eyes drift to her face once more he notices something has changed. Her infectious, unadulterated joy has faded away and his heart strains against his chest to reach out to her, to make it better. "I'm sorry." he says softly, just barely above a whisper. Sorrow furrows his brows with the knowledge that he'd ruined her delight.

What she says next, however, almost instantly renews the hope he'd felt before. His ears stand erect, alert and fully intent on the mare as she divulges what knowledge she has of the disease. Her declaration about having not found a cure wasn't a surprising one, he'd only stumbled onto one himself, but that means that he can help her and that he can reignite the joy in her heart, bring a smile back to her face and hear her laughter once again. It doesn't even matter that he, himself, will still be sick. What matters is that he can improve her life - even if it only lasts for an hour. "I have healed others with this disease before coming here. I... I can fix it." There is hope in his roughened voice; altered by the thick goo clogging his throat and lungs, making his breath rattle and wheeze. His vision has since blurred, his hearing had grown far more sensitive; allowing him to hear the other stallion coming their way before he ever saw him. In the time that it took for the other stallion to stumble through the trees towards the open shore, Miykael pulled on his magic and focused his warm, soothing light in her chest. He holds it there for several moments before letting it dissipate. The familiar ache throbs within his skull again, but it no longer bothers him as much.

That was when his blue eyes glanced past the blue mare and saw the dark stallion. Miykael remains quiet as the other approaches, though it is clear to him now that he, too, is sick. Exhaling a soft sigh, he flashes a soft smile to Tiamat then turns his attention on the stranger. "Rest easy now. It's all right." he offers once the other male quiets down. "I can help you, just... hold still." he adds, soothingly - or, rather, as soothingly as he can manage with the black goop coating his respiratory tract. Once again, the healer pulls on his magic and focuses the light in the dark stallion's chest. The warm, soothing light spreads, filling his chest. It lingers for a few moments before he lets it go, allowing it to dissipate and pull the sickness from the stranger's body. "How do you both feel?" he asks, kindness and care filling his blue eyes as he glances from one to the other, blatantly ignoring the sharp jabs of pain in his skull.

"I do." he begins, finally acknowledging Tiamat's question. "I do believe this disease has come from the foreign lands the Gods are bringing in. Our own immune systems are not equipped to deal with them since we've never been exposed... until now." he fights back a grimace to refocus on the fact that his magic has helped two more. Slowly, he would help as many as he could. It would take time. Time that he willingly donates to the cause. Miykael shuffles his hooves in the sand, relishing in softness of the fine grains. "It's a pleasure to meet you both. I'm Miykael, a healer from the Hidden Falls." a warm smile graces his features, despite the blackness staining his golden face.

M I Y K A E L
HEALER OF THE HIDDEN FALLS

Image Credit

[Sorry for the wait you two! <3]

Tiamat
Mortuus Nox
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
a wild child - by Tiamat - 09-24-2015, 03:16 AM
RE: a wild child - by Miykael - 09-27-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: a wild child - by Tiamat - 10-01-2015, 08:37 PM
RE: a wild child - by Mortuus Nox - 10-02-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: a wild child - by Miykael - 10-09-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: a wild child - by Tiamat - 10-10-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: a wild child - by Mortuus Nox - 10-12-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: a wild child - by Random Event - 10-12-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: a wild child - by Miykael - 10-25-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: a wild child - by Tiamat - 11-01-2015, 05:48 AM