the Rift

[OPEN] a wild child

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
He reassured their minds by his serenity.
His countenance, wherein his soul was visible,
expressed contempt for danger.

The blue mare's hope and joy lingers despite the disease marring her beautiful face and it's simply infectious - absorbing into the depths of his soul and reflecting back out towards her. She is the light and he the mirror. He'd seen such deeply rooted cheer only once before but time wore her down, he almost single-handedly destroyed it. It had been unintentional, of course, but it made him hesitant to reach out to her, to absorb and subsequently snuff out her brilliant light. "Really." he replies with warmth and without any further hesitation, he goes to work. Healing has never been painless for him but he wouldn't have it any other way. To heal without consequence would somehow feel... wrong. Like he is somehow more connected to the God or Gods than he really is or that, on some level, he is nearly as powerful as they are. Transferring a bit of their pain to himself is more of a reminder of his own mortality. A reminder that he isn't an angel anymore and by his own choice. A reminder, then, of the events leading up to his fall from grace.

But he wasn't like the rest of them. He wasn't falling out of greed or power. He fell because he wanted to help in ways that he wasn't allowed to because divine intervention is rare. Perhaps it all stems back to his youth and that fateful day he failed to protect his father's lands. Yet it is so difficult to pinpoint the beginning of his selflessness. The trait is so ingrained into him that to be selfish feels unnatural, wrong. The blue mare's breathy whisper tickles his ears and pulls him from the depths of his own mind. Ignoring his own pain, he tucks it away to keep it from clouding his features and worrying her. Instead, he simply smiles. "Yes." he begins, breathing as deeply as his lungs can manage of the salty ocean air, fresh and crisp. "It's a gift from the Sun and the Moon. These foreign diseases appear to be affected almost exclusively by magic." he muses, though falling silent as Nox draws near. Once again, he gets to work and once again he brings relief to another while absorbing some pain into himself.

Her own light grows brighter then, almost blindingly so, and though it pulls at him he resists. He shows them nothing but kindness and warmth; all polite smiles and caring words. "You're quite welcome, both of you." And they really wouldn't understand the depth of his own gratitude. Their praise, though, is almost too much. And when she moves towards him and the flesh of her cheek meets with his, he has to fight to resist leaning into her touch. He accepts it, trying so hard to not stare at the soft curve of her neck and even harder to keep his hooves planted in the sand. He cannot devour her light, cannot destroy her like he did Alysanne. He is thankful when she moves back, thankful when the conversation takes a turn towards something more somber (even though he cannot stand to see her light quelled by any negative emotion.) The expansion and the wars that seemed to follow had been hard on Helovia. Hard enough that Miykael couldn't help but to question the point to expanding Helovia. Were the gods expanding out of greed or some drastic misuse of their power? Miykael could only guess, but his best guess left a sour taste in his mouth.

Miykael shrugs it off, allowing the negative feelings to roll from his shoulders and sink to the ground. Holding onto it would only serve to hold him back and keep him down - neither of which would be conducive to continuing his work as a healer. So when Tiamat speaks again, everything about her brightening again like a little sun, he can't help but to smile. "Wonderful! It's always nice to meet fellow healers." and he is nothing short of genuine, bright blue eyes flicking between the two. "I've never been to the Basin, though my companion and I have frequently traveled north. The northern lights from the Steppe are a sight to see." he adds, reminiscing on the fond memories he'd shared with Eliana there. He'd encountered a few there, though the only one that could bring a frown to his face is finding December freezing in a cave. "Perhaps we can learn from each other." he agrees, with a gentle smile. "Ask me anything you'd like, but please... don't fret over me. I'll be fine, I promise." To a certain extent, he was grateful for the easy conversation, it allowed him time to rest before moving on to find more suffering from this disease. And with more expansions sure to follow, there'd be more diseases and more searching for a cure. Perhaps he would work himself to death before this is all over but at least he'd die with a smile on his face knowing he'd helped.

M I Y K A E L
HEALER OF THE HIDDEN FALLS

Image Credit

This is late and it's awful and I'm sorry! D: The SWP posts are eating my life and muse right now.
@Tiamat
@Mortuus Nox
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
a wild child - by Tiamat - 09-24-2015, 03:16 AM
RE: a wild child - by Miykael - 09-27-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: a wild child - by Tiamat - 10-01-2015, 08:37 PM
RE: a wild child - by Mortuus Nox - 10-02-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: a wild child - by Miykael - 10-09-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: a wild child - by Tiamat - 10-10-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: a wild child - by Mortuus Nox - 10-12-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: a wild child - by Random Event - 10-12-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: a wild child - by Miykael - 10-25-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: a wild child - by Tiamat - 11-01-2015, 05:48 AM