the Rift

[OPEN] castaway [hidden falls recruitment]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Hold me 'cause I'm sure I'm hated
Promises, they are overrated
Wait just a while, while I'm

It seemed no threat was to follow the God of the Sun, a most comforting fact. He had proclaimed there was to be no bloodshed on this day, words that were both relieving and yet almost discomforting to hear. Was Helovia still in danger of these other Gods? Gods from an entirely different world?

A trill from Suli and a chirp from Merlin was all it took to pull my mind away from such dark thoughts. 'Explore,' came Merlin's voice, soft and childish through the bond. A smile tugged at my face as I cast bister eyes unto him. Only recently had the black dragon been able to speak through the bond, and though his phrases were short and simple, he seemed to be taking to the ability rather quickly.

"Let's," I spoke aloud, and with that, the three of us set off to explore the Helovia's newest land, the Halcyon Flats.

... Although, honestly, there was very little to see. As breathtaking as the landscape was, the white sands stretching endlessly before me, the sky a picture painted perfectly against the watery canvas, there truly was nothing more to see. No foliage grew here, no cover from enemies or the elements was present, and as far as I could see, no wildlife.

But as we continued, a figure became visible up ahead. For a moment I thought it might be a boulder of sorts, considering the color and size, but it was Suli who flew ahead with considerable caution that confirmed otherwise. It was no boulder I was looking at, but another equine.

Curiosity struck my features and caused my brows to furrow. What a strange place to bed down; were they alright, whoever they were?

Quickening my pace, I approached, slowing once I was close so that I might not present myself as a form of danger. Once again a smile curled the corners of my lips upward, this time offered to the mare, and as I settled into a halt, both Suli and Merlin perched on the crest of my neck, draconic eyes fixed on her. There were no injuries from what I could see, at least none of the physical type.

"Evening, miss," I speak, dipping my head to her. When I continue, there's a note of concern laced between my words, and my eyes soften. "Is everything alright?"

Drowning in denial
image credits

Messages In This Thread
castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 09-24-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Destrier - 09-24-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 09-24-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-08-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-08-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-10-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-17-2015, 12:09 AM