the Rift

[OPEN] castaway [hidden falls recruitment]

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
"Evening, miss," Words of greeting made the dirty speck wish that the sand wound turn into quicksand. Whether it was to be her tomb or a momentarily place to hide she did not care. She simply wanted to disappear from view, to vanish from scrutinizing eyes. A piece of trash washed ashore on the otherwise spotless coast. If she held still long enough would owner of the deep voice leave? The mare held perfectly still as if she were turned to stone. Her breathing became shallow, hardly noticeable, as her muscles contracted in tight knots.

He wasn't leaving.

A small sigh escaped her mouth. She'd much rather be left alone with the dark clouds that gathered above her head and rained gloomy thoughts. A single question was asked. A pleasantry that made her squirm. "Is everything alright?" Kindness burned like harsh fire. In her heart she knew she did not deserve such hospitality directed towards her. Hell, even her brain knew it. Ever since she had took her first breath she had been a failure. A bottom feeder such as herself had no right to speak to those that had long walked these lands.

From teal curtains bright blue eyes engulfed by the void stared up at the stallion. She opened her mouth, still hidden beneath her feathers, but no words came out. Did she lie and say everything was alright? Or did she admit the truth? But if she did the latter surely he would simply run, rolling his eyes at her for daring to go "oh woe is me".

"Overwhelmed." The words were raspy and soft. Near inaudible that the wind narrowly blew them away in a moments breath. The four year old looked aged beyond her ears as she finally let her wings fall to the ground. "The portal.. I was one of the guests" - or in her case pests - "to arrive through the magnificent savior's portal."

Admitting this, albeit obvious, was hard. She had seen the way some of the horses looked at her. Like the heavenly golden angel whom bared a resemblance to her but lacked all the imperfections. She swallowed through a lump in her throat. "My name is Evaneska. I am sorry for getting in your way." Her words were slow, each one dragging as if she was constantly deciding what to speak. Evaneska did not stand nor rise 'fore if she tried she'd surely fall flat on her face in front of this stranger.

She could not help but peer at the dragons clinging to the stallion. An odd picture yet not nearly as strange as half the things she had seen while in the Rift.

@Destrier
image credits

Messages In This Thread
castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 09-24-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 09-24-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-08-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-08-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-10-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-17-2015, 12:09 AM