the Rift

[OPEN] castaway [hidden falls recruitment]

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
Under the weight of the stallion's eyes she nervously shifted her weight from side to side. Head still hung low her own gaze cautiously peeked up at the two dragons that sat on the dark brute. Their eyes fixated on her she squirmed even more but her curiosity remained. To have such wild beasts seemingly tamed.. How was that possible? Her mind searched throughout her memories for any prior examples of this. The only dragon she had ever seen - fore they were a rare species where she resided - had been incredibly hostile.

Of course, she wasn't counting Thantos: her dear friend and master. The draconian equine was born from dragon and horse. He was an incredible sight to behold. His wings reached great bounds and his red scales glistened like burning embers. Not to mention he had never tried to eat her so that was a plus. Someone with such a wicked appearance had.. surprisingly always been kind to her. She felt ashamed for how she avoided him like the bubonic plague now. A faithful servant would be back by his side and she had nothing but respect for him, but still she found herself gazing at him from a distance. Perhaps the teal dappled mare had yet to fully accept that this was all real.

A voice abruptly pulled her from her thoughts. One, two, three.. eight eyes now watched her and she wished she could shrink to a microscopic size. Instinctively she took a step back. She knew nothing of this land thus everything could be a threat. They acted nice, but what if it was a guise? Back in her homeland everyone had an underlying motive. They were constantly scheming. To think the inhabitants of this land were the same was a rather pessimistic view but she preferred to consider it realistic.

"Ciceron." she tested, the name rolling smoothly off her tongue. "I am Evaneska." His question made her think. Did he truly know nothing of the happenings of this world? Thantos had told her that this very scenario had occurred before. The idea of the word not being spread around like wildfire was one hard to accept. Still she decided to oblige his question.

"The burning savior - a God of your land - transported our land to this realm." She frowned. That hardly made sense. Then again none of this made sense. "From my point of view.. This land used to be corrupted and tainted in my homeland." she offered. "What I thought was a mirage appeared before me when there. It showed an image of what you see now.. a beautiful wonderland. This mirage turned out to be a portal." Was that explanation understandable? "I have heard rumors that this has happened before from my friend. That the Gods of this land are seemingly expanding this.. this Helovia. While they might not mean to, their actions are also saving the residence of 'The Rift', as they have dubbed it. I suppose I am living proof."

@Ciceron

image credits

Messages In This Thread
castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 09-24-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 09-24-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-08-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-08-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-10-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-17-2015, 12:09 AM