the Rift

[OPEN] castaway [hidden falls recruitment]

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
A sober expression was heavily etched into her facial features. A distinct detachment could be seen in her eyes as they stared blankly forward at Ciceron but not truly looking at him. By the way she chewed her bottom lip it was easy to tell she was contemplating something. However there was far too much going on in her head to think about every single thing without causing her brain to short circuit. To say there was a lot going on inside her churning gears would be an understatement. It was overwhelming. Before she entered this haven she had longed for someone to come and cease her existence. Part of her still thought that way while the other dared to believe this was a second chance. A new world, a new life.

"I did for a short time live in the Edge but with all the events I did what was safest for my children." The world "Edge" held no meaning to her nor did the statement that he had children. Rather the mare was lingering on the words "all the events". Perhaps this vision of a safe haven was all just an illusion. "A lot of strange and potentially dangerous events are common here?" she questioned, each word slowly rolling off of her tongue. Apparently this whole Rift thing wasn't that completely strange to these horses. If they dealt with this often Evaneska had to question the safety of this world. Would it prove to be any better from where she came? Sure the appearance was better and everything healthier but that did not mean it wasn't - if not more - dangerous than her homelands.

The stallion's proposition made her ears swivel. No strings attached was one such expression that usually meant the exact opposite. At the same time, though, she was being given a choice. When was the last time she had truly been given the task of choosing which way her life panned out? From an early age she had been a puppet and never the master. Yet now she was being given the opportunity. Truthfully it frightened her. "Based on your description," the girl was careful with what she said, "I would very much like to see these Falls." She spoke honestly. The mare never had a reason to lie because in the end the truth was always revealed in some way or another.

"Thank you, Ciceron. I will keep your offer close to heart should I feel the time to make such a move is right." Evaneska dipped her head, silently hoping he wouldn't snap for her wishy-washy answer that gave neither a yes or a not. "I must go talk to my-" She stopped short and blinked. My Master, but as he had stated before she was free to do as she wished. In the end, while she felt obligated to stick near him, he wasn't the exact definition of a master. "My friend about these happenings." There was much more she wished to discuss with Thantos but that was of no real concern to the grey dapple that stood before her.

"Again I thank you, but I must take my leave now." She dipped her head to both Ciceron and Destrier. "T'was a pleasure to meet both of you."

@Ciceron

image credits

Messages In This Thread
castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 09-24-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 09-24-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-08-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-08-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-10-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: castaway [hidden falls recruitment] - by Evaneska - 10-17-2015, 12:09 AM